I am going to Nashville to train with Grant Batson

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
Well as many of you know I really love Grant's work. And he is an amazing guy. So we talked and put together a plan to have me come over and do a pipe making course. Grant will help me to clean up my technique as well as make me a faster more efficient pipe maker.

I ran a fundraiser on indiegogo to raise the money, and all of the money was raised in a week. Now people are still giving in order to help me buy equipment and tools for the shop. It has been super cool.

One person donated a Tom Eltang horn pipe that I will sell with the proceeds going to my business. I am so excited. I bought the plane tickets today, June 13,14 and 15 will be in Grants shop working my enormous ass off.

rev

That is absolutely amazing Buddy, best of luck with the trip, I hope it all goes well for you. :cheers:

I take my hat off to you Rev, And hope you have a great time.
Enjoy all the hard work. :cheers:

thanks guys, thing I am most worried about is coming home after playing with all of Grants neat toys

rev

That's cool!
If I could only go to England to train with David Gilmour... :roll:

well first you have to know him, then get him to agree to teach you, then do a indiegogo campaign to raise the money.

rev

I'm too happy for you Rev I know you will have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing the new pipes come out of your workshop.
Best Regards
Richard

Sounds like a great opertunity Rev, been very impressed with your work already. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Have fun :cheers: .

Just looked at your blog and the pipes you have made. WOW! You are truly talented, read your entire blog...you are talented in many ways, it appears. I am just amazed at the talent and "quality humanity" here on this site. I look forward to seeing more of your work and hopefully purchase one of your creations (first in 40 years). Congratulations on your training with Grant Batson, I know you'll make the best of it and the "hand" that guides you will fill your heart with joy whilst filling your time with what you love.

Congrats Rev. I have dealt with Grant and own a few of his pipes. he is a really good guy. A great learning opportunity.

thanks so much everyone. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. Nice thing is... I go on vacation with my wife next Saturday, come back and work for two weeks then I am off to Nashville. Then my family planned their family reunion on my birthday at the end of next month. So I have a month and a half of great fun.

rev