I can see!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
Ok, so I wasn't technically blind to begin with. But, there's still a story here.

I got a Christmas bonus this year from my boss, so I had some extra cash on my hands. I wanted to invest it properly. Not in the markets or what have you, but putting it to good use. A local radio station has an auction every year that they do online. One of the items they always carry on it is the lasik procedure laser eye surgery. Normally, it goes for 5K, which is way out of my price range. I won it for 960$! I had the procedure done yesterday and I can see now! It's really amazing. And, considering I needed a new pair of glasses soon anyway I already got back 500$ right there. Not ever needing them again means over my lifetime, this will eventually turn a profit for me.

Man, that is really awesome. I know guys that have had it done and they are very happy. I am stoked for you!

Way to go!!! An investment in yourself, and as you stated you will save a small fortune on eye glasses in your lifetime. It's a win WIN situation. Glad your eyesight is much better now. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Wow! Congratulations! :cheers:

My eyesight is pretty much useless without corrective lenses, so I can only imagine what it must be like to see without them. Very happy for you. Would love to get an update in a few weeks regarding how everything is going. I had some reservations about getting this procedure done, so it's always pleasant to get a positive affirmation.

Best Regards!

Not to get overly religious on this but it sounds as god blessed you in this situation. I am sure the auction was to support a charity and by taking part in it you cast your bread upon the watets as they say. And it has returned to you multi-fold.may god continue to bless you brother.

God does indeed bless me and my family, always has.

I'll be sure to give an update after the healing is complete. As of now, my vision goes a bit blurry here and there bc I need to use eye drops. But, I would say my vision has gone from a blindfolded mole with my glasses, to something more like a falcon without my glasses. I was told it will be consistently at its best in about a month.

Great News..You won't be troubled with glasses,and you will have more money for pipes,and tobacco.

That's amazing what medical marvels are out there. Congratulations! :cheers:

I thought about doing that, but never did.
I was extremely far sighted.
A couple of years ago, I had my lenses replaced.
I had just enough cataract for the insurance to pay.
I spent a fortune on glasses over the years.
Now I just need drug store readers for fine print.

I was told that I would most likely need reading glasses in the next 10 yrs or so. It's just part of growing older, but until then...

I had my lasix done in '99. I was 52 at the time. My check up this spring shows my eyes have faded...a wee bit. I'm now down to 20-30. It's pretty much uncorrectable, its mild cataracts. But, hey, I've had 17 years of REAL eye sight. Enjoy the view.

Yup, I've a few friends who've had nothing but good things to say about this fix.

You'll never look back, ahem. ?

My wife had it done. She could not read a clock on the wall without glasses. And see deer in the field, was like never going to happen even with glasses. She was driving the next day to her follow up appointment. A decade on and she has started using reading glasses. But it was money well spent for her.

The doc tells me to save my pennies. When you live long enough you will get cataracts. They have a surgery for that which will also fix it so you do not need reading glasses. She says it's like magic.

My aunt just had that done, she's in her mid sixties. She said the same thing. 30 yrs is a long time even for my patience to wait haha.

Jevverrett":tmzwmazk said:
Ok, so I wasn't technically blind to begin with. But, there's still a story here.

I got a Christmas bonus this year from my boss, so I had some extra cash on my hands. I wanted to invest it properly. Not in the markets or what have you, but putting it to good use. A local radio station has an auction every year that they do online. One of the items they always carry on it is the lasik procedure laser eye surgery. Normally, it goes for 5K, which is way out of my price range. I won it for 960$! I had the procedure done yesterday and I can see now! It's really amazing. And, considering I needed a new pair of glasses soon anyway I already got back 500$ right there. Not ever needing them again means over my lifetime, this will eventually turn a profit for me.

Congrats, man! I had mine done last fall and so far it seems like one of the best decisions I've ever made (just make sure you use the eye drops!!!).

Great story! When I read the topic heading, this came to mind:

I see!
Said the blind carpenter
as he picked up his hammer and SAW!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!