I can tell already...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

...after one look around.

Knox's move/disruption/dissolution/conversion/whatever-it-is was the best thing to happen to this little gang of outspoken, independent, affection-filled thinkers since their accidental convergence in the first place. 8) 8) 8)

Pipes and tobacco are the common bond, but not the only one.

jhuggett, we owe you. :heart:

Puff Daddy":hj8flmpo said:
Amen, Hallelujah and pass the Pease!! :D
Speaking of Zero, he has been apprised of The Migration, and will doubtless be along shortly. :D

Same here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very well put L'man. Had this very same feeling last May.

tj

Nonsense... I was just bored on Sunday. People having a good time is reward enough for me. :rabbit:

I think pz stepped on his own udder by ignoring his board. A simple message, early, on the KC web site would have been only polite. He still needs to explain the inventory shortage. It's like moving into a new house and realizing that you forgot the kids. From the responce here, he flushed a lot of goodwill. You simply DO NOT take your eyes off of the customer. Wouldn't want to be the banker who approved the financing on the new location.

I hope it works out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever "it" is.

tj

thomas james":h8n7ahup said:
It's like moving into a new house and realizing that you forgot the kids.
And what a happy Christmas THAT would be! :D :santa:

the knox folks were never very pro active with the board, never seemed to help with trolls or anything else, they just kind of ignored it and hoped it would work out.

I think a lot of people don't realize what a pain keeping something maintained can be. That's one of the main reasons I chose to set it up with forumotion.com, they take care of keeping the software updated, all the security stuff and server configuration. All we have to worry about is the content and taking care of the occasional problem poster/bot/spammer. It's as low maintenance as possible and we should always have someone around to take care of problems. :lol:

Not that I plan not to use Knox anymore. My main concern was what would happen if Knox went away really. Would hate to have our community dissolve.

I really appreciate this wonderful new place, and I am thankful for everyone's efforts to make it happen. However, I don't want to dis the Knox board. Instead, I would like to embrace both boards. If it weren't for Knox and the people that make up that place, then I would never have met you guys in the first place. I've learned so much from visiting Knox, and from all of the people on it. It is with my highest hopes to be welcome in both places and I wish Knox a speedy recovery with whatever is "happening" to them at this time.

There's plenty of good will to go around. Peace.

tin man":puvyi2pi said:
I don't want to dis the Knox board
Definitely not, wouldn't be good form, and lets face it, there will be personalities and trends at both boards that folks will want to be a part of.

What's to "dis?" The KnoxPeople provided the old board as a freebie, and let us go any direction we wished with it. If it weren't for their recent/current availability situation, this board would never have happened. There certainly was no wish to get away from them that I ever detected... Knox was completely benign and as supportive as a business could afford to be. If my post at the top of this thread gave that impression, it wasn't what I intended at all. It was more a case of "Lookie at the lemonade we made with the Knox store move lemon!"