I can't believe what this sold for.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked on Ser Jacopos last night and was shocked.

I suspect that the hidden, unacknowledged inflation we've been coping with for years is showing up where you'd expect it -- in places like that.

:face:

"expensive" is a relative term.

though "insane" is less so ;-) ;-)

doody!

Maenz has been really hot stuff lately. I've been looking for one since a very respected pipemaker recommended his work to me, but I haven't seen one for less than 1K. Way out of my budget.

I'd FAR rather have a rack or two of yours than one of his, Jesse :heart: 

Yak":18s61jmq said:
I'd FAR rather have a rack or two of yours than one of his, Jesse  :heart: 

Thanks!

While I'd bet mine smoke just as well they certainly aren't as purty. :D 

Danish? Freehand? OK, that is a nice pipe. And he may be able to do classic shapes that require more discipline. But, don't sell yourself short. You and those who we know here can do a billiard that doesn't take back seat to anyone. The only thing a lauded craftsman at Charatan or such may be superior at is speed.

10% wood
20% crafting
70% hype

Mr. Doody":9rktbsyq said:
"expensive" is a relative term.

though "insane" is less so ;-) ;-)

doody!
 Exactly, I would rather have a "local" craftsmans pipe over the inflated values that I see.

A couple years ago, Cooper had a really nice Manz that sold for about $400. Now...

Betcha it doesn't smoke any better than the Bentley Former's Design Bulldog that I got for $59 or a host of other pipes that many other members paid a lot less for. It's a nice looking pipe but I've seen a lot made by some of the craftsmen that are BoB members that look as good and some even better and a good many cost less than 10% of what someone paid for that pipe.JMO

AJ