I finally tried TJ's coffee bean zapper idea

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
You know those beer can sized ones? Lousy for grinding coffee (not uniform enough), but WOW does it make prepping a bowl of tobacco into child's play.

The tough stuff to deal with, like 1792, ropes, and Dark Star go from being a PITA to effortless, cool, smoldering burns.

Highly recommended. :D

When tj shared that idea, I told my wife and low and below I have the small grinder on my shelf... but I haven't used it yet. Still using the Stein method.... I guess I like my desk top messy...

I just tried some Brown Irish Twist... there must be a learnig curve... it's about 1/4 dust :(

Slow Puffs":khaevo42 said:
I just tried some Brown Irish Twist... there must be a learnig curve... it's about 1/4 dust :(
:lol!: :lol!:

I have tried making snuff with this...which turned out....ok....

I'm guessing a quick zap or two is all it needs

"I have tried making snuff with this...which turned out....ok...."

Commercial snuff has ingredients in it to adjust the pH (forgot which way). Ground smoking tabak - sans the pH agent - can get a bit rough on the sinuses.

Buddy

I've got a whirlybird type electric one made by Braun, and it seems to work good for me. My brother-in-law turned me onto the idea since all he smokes is Petersons U. Flake, and that's how he "rubs" it out. A couple quick zaps suits me fairly good. It seems to leave some larger chunks as opposed to all dust, which there still is some present as well. It has worked particularly well for me with some of the wetter flakes, ie- McClelland/Gawith.

I still don't understand why yall bother with buying flakes if all yall gonna do to 'em is make 'em ribbons. Seems like a waste to me.

I smoke flakes for the slower burn as compared to ribbon cuts. Even when chopped the coarser cut burns must slower than ribbon cuts without all the relights that may be neccesary if folded in full flake form. Good idea forcoarser flakes like dark star and such that can resemble concrete occasionally