i got a new "ye olde piperack"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
been gone for a while. had some life issues to sort out. career change, blah blah blah. time to stop neglecting the fine brothers and sisters of the briar.

i got a pipe rack! actually two but i'm only keeping one. a gentleman who was an avid collector of rediculously high grade pipes passed away in my neighborhood. Marty Pulvers and i helped his widow get rid of some pipe racks he had:

rack111.jpg

rack211.jpg

rack310.jpg

holds a whopping 90 pipes  :shock:  should set me straight for a while.

Good to see you posting again Buddy, damn, they're some BIG pictures right there, nice rack though, could do with one like that meself, hmmm, project plan hatching.  :sunny: 

Welcome back! Wonderful pipe rack, the burled wood makes me think it might be made by Savinelli?

Very NICE sir can't help but wonder what the pipes looked like that
went in that beautiful rack.

I think I can see the cells in the wood  :affraid: . Kidding , those are some stunning cabinets brother.

nice burl on the doors. It looks like a Savinelli cabinet??? Now fill 'er up my friend. LOL
AC
 :cheers: 

thanks guys, sorry about the picture size, i posted from my mobile and can't figure out how to resize. anyone able to help out with that after the fact?

it might be a savinelli rack, i'm not sure? anyone have any more information? i'll try and get some today when i meet up for pipe and pint.

Beautiful cabinet man! You got enough pipes to fill it yet?  :D

Growley":tx2ae357 said:
There you go brother.

Beautiful cabinet man! You got enough pipes to fill it yet?  :D
Brian thank you! i fixed it.

i do not have enough to fill it, just over a third if i take all of my pipes and restore the beat up ones. once i'm financially settled there will be some business coming your way!

That's is REALLY nice now that I can see all of it.
Looks to hold 70 pipes, gees I could use 5 of those and I wouldn't have to keep dusting mine.
I reckon my next project it to make some with glass doors. You were lucky to get your hands on that one sir. ;) 

Cartaphilus":rhls71b8 said:
Looks to hold 70 pipes, gees I could use 5 of those and I wouldn't have to keep dusting mine.
I reckon my next project it to make some with glass doors. You were lucky to get your hands on that one sir. ;) 
indeed. they actually hold 90  :shock: might take me a while to fill it up, but who knows. thanks to josh i've got the pipe making bug again, and PAD is always prevelant when you hang out with marty pulvers on a regular basis.

somedumbjerk":fob1sjti said:
Cartaphilus":fob1sjti said:
indeed. they actually hold 90  :shock: might take me a while to fill it up, but who knows. thanks to josh i've got the pipe making bug again, and PAD is always prevelant when you hang out with marty pulvers on a regular basis.
Okay then, I only need 4 of them  :lol!: 
Never met Marty but, I'm sorta glad I'm unable to hang out with him.........
cause I'd never have any money, just pipes. ;) 

That's one beautiful cabinet !! It would NOT be good for me though as after I put the 90 pipes I now have in it, I would then HAVE to buy almost 90 MORE to fill up all the empty racks I would now have !! ( besides, I don't think I have ANOTHER 40+ years left to aquire 'em as I did with these) Enjoy it man !!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lovely piece of furniture SDJ Sir. I would say you' ve done really well there. We've not met on the board yet so figured I'd say 'good afternoon'.

When taking pictures on your phone, you can change the size internally through the camera settings that will make it much smaller.

In any case, that is a nice piece of pipe furniture. I sold most of my furniture before I moved, as I needed start-up money more than furniture when arriving in a new country. Looking back, I probably should not have sold a lot of the things I did. My newfound wife was thankful for it (it helped us tremendously), but I sold a lot of tobacco that is unattainable nowadays. Ah well, c'est la vie.

That is one hell of a rack! And now, you have a goal to aim for, get that bad boy filled up :)