i got some qestions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying some different tobaccos and just had some qestions I wanna get the best bang for my buck I give my self 100 bucks a month to spend I just would like some ideads on some va flakes va no areo bulks the tins are what costs the money what do yall think for 100 bucks

Buy what you like to smoke. Try to catch a sale, buy multiple tins and get a discount, if available buy in bulk. :)

AJ

I might not be following your parameters, but it sounds like value is one of them.  My cellar has a lot of bulk tobacco, because of value and because I find I enjoy quality bulk just as much as quality tinned. That said, I like Newminster Va Navy Flake and Superior Round Slices. They both do better with some age on them. So you might also need about $10 worth of Mason jars. And if you looked into my Va cellar you'd see quite a stash of McC 5100 in there.  The above recs reflect the taste of someone who is content with smoking his faves without chasing the next Arcadia. YMMV.

who has tried some three sails I orders a few ox of a few different kinds to give it a try

Bang for the buck smoking?  One name jumps out of the crowd, Peter Stokkebye.   PS luxury navy flake, luxury bullseye flake, luxury twist flake, cube cut, English oriental supreme, English luxury (it has some sweetener), proper English, just to name what I consider their best blends.

None of them is going to wow you with subtlety, but they are all solid smokes that represent their individual categories very well.
I've been smoking PSLNF closer to two decades than one and I've never had a bad bowl.

If you are on a budget, or you just want to lay in stores against the future, I don't know why you'd even consider another brand.

Edit in: Kevin nailed it to.

PB beat me to it.

For VA flakes (coins, too) with our without perique and/or cavendish (not aro), it's hard to go wrong with Stokkebye. Bulk prices are good, widely available, and no where near being in danger of the post-2007 FDA regs. $100 would take you pretty far.

I got some ps nd some 3 sails but I did not get much yet half of what I did get those will go up

I got 5 tins of fvf
8 oz gl pease Haddos delight
100 gram frog Morton cellar
3 oz of three sails
3oz of Windsail Platinum
3oz of
Peter Stokkebye 403 Luxury Bulls Eye Flake Bulk
2oz of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

blending tobaccos
4 oz of
Blending - Longcut Virginia
4oz of
Red Virginia Cavendish (Matured

8 oz green river cav
4oz hybrid cube cut
4 oz tosted burley
3oz dark burley
4oz latakia
4 oz perique

Ark, those are great choices you made for sure. I also recommend and stock up on Newminster #400 Superior Navy Flake. It's good fresh and great with at least two years of aging. I totally rub it out and let it air dry for about 30 minutes before stuffing my pipe. Last check in my cellar I have just over 15 pounds of this fabulous flake. If your into a nice spicy night smoke I HIGHLY recommend C&D Bayou Night bulk version, it's as good as the tin version. I don't usually say that about bulk tobacco's.
GOOD LUCK and stock up before February of 2018 when more FDA regulations go into effect. You can count on tobacco going up in price for sure!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!