I guess l lied

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

eggman

Reaction score

I was going through my small pile of older pens and found this. It’s a old Parker Duofold. It has a Parker arrow nib. This one will probably be the first one I try to replace the sac on first. I bet it’s a lot simpler to repair than the snorkel I have.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Good looking pen there. I hope you get it up and running again soon.

Jim

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I assume that you have found a book, special tools, or some instruction on how to replace the sacs? When I did some investigation it did not sound too hard. More a, take your time sort of thing. I think Pendemonium, or someone else I get emails from sells a kit from time to time with a book, shellac, those long-shanked forceps, and other tools of the trade.

eggman

Reaction score
huffelpuff":cf89p3t9 said:
How goes the restoration? Inquiring minds and all that.

Jim
Well I kinda dropped the ball on this and put it on the back burner. I’ve had a lot of stuff hit me lately that’s taken priority. The wife side swiped the concrete barriers next to a gas pump a couple days ago. The estimates for that little incident is 8,200 dollars. Parts for a 2011 Lincoln MKX are not cheap at all

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Perfectly understandable. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans and all that jazz. Holy cheese and crackers man that's a ton of cheddar. Hopefully you get that sorted without too much pain.

Whenever you do get around to it I'd love to see the results.

Jim

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
Ouch that's a hit. My wife has hit her fair share of lamp poles and parked cars and what not lol.

eggman

Reaction score
D.L.Ruth":pn892zmm said:
Ouch that's a hit. My wife has hit her fair share of lamp poles and parked cars and what not lol.
I feel your pain. Mine has hit parked cars, moving cars, lamp poles, concrete poles/barriers, shredded tires on curbs and whatever else gets in her way. I’ve been teasing her the last couple days about pulling her license and having her 85 y/o mother drive her wherever she needs to go.