I just can't quit this place

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
I've been around for about 4 and a half years...longer than some, not nearly as long as others. Lately I haven't been around too much - nothing major, just the usual stuff that gets in the way (work, busy at home, other hobbies popping up and not spending as much time with pipes as usual, etc.).

But I thought today that I'd pop in and see how the place was looking. It's threads like the one PB posted about Monbla that make this place so great...genuine concern about a member's well-being that actually drives people to try to track down information about the guy. I might go away for a while, but I can't stay away forever - stumbling onto this forum was one heck of a good stroke of luck.

I agree 100%

I normally don't even log in. I just like to check the group each day to observe like minded individuals.

Good to see you posting again Ian. Was rather wondering what had become of you. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking!

Ya, we're a smallish group but I like to believe we stick together when the chips are down. One of the many things I like about this place.

That, and the place seems to self-police itself. Not much in the way of altercations between members, flame wars, bannings, etc. The admins/mods keep this place pretty civil when things do flare up. Which is quite infrequent.

Cheers,

RR

Yes it's pretty easy to put down roots here. There's always plenty of fertilizer being spread around to help us grow. Without it one might begin to shrivel and get carried by the wind to a place where people really don't care about each other. :)

AJ

ajn27511":v4drrp18 said:
Yes it's pretty easy to put down roots here. There's always plenty of fertilizer being spread around to help us grow. Without it one might begin to shrivel and get carried by the wind to a place where people really don't care about each other. :)

AJ
We do have our fair share of fertilizer, all right! :lol!:

This place keeps my faith in humanity fed.

Monblablabla drives me up the Ethernet wall, but I worry about you guys.

When I was driving solo y'all were the constant in my life... When I started hauling horses and went team I had other folk around all the time but I still came by quite often.. Since I've been home it's on again off again. I check multiple times daily, but only occasionally have spurts of posting.

BoB always has and hopefully always will be my internet home. Even if Monbla is an asshat.

puros_bran":6gy9q89e said:
...BoB always has and hopefully always will be my internet home. Even if Monbla is an asshat.
I've been here since the beginning. Occasionally I disappear — sometimes for long spells — when I get very busy, or when the asshat density or frequency rises above my level of tolerance. But the asshats usually self-implode and flake out. They're not the reason I stick around.

newjok10.png

Monbla really isn't an asshat. He's just a very opinionated, stuck in his way, relic of a bygone day (which is better than saying Old Man). Kinda like blue cheese, okay for awhile but too much is bad and you always have it in the back of your mind you are partaking of mold.

He's gonna love this one when he gets back. lol.

puros_bran":c8jt4f53 said:
Monbla really isn't an asshat.  He's just a very opinionated, stuck in his way, relic of a bygone day (which is better than saying Old Man). Kinda like blue cheese, okay for awhile but too much is bad and you always have it in the back of your mind you are partaking of mold.
:lol!: That's the closest thing to poetry I'll read all day.

Richard Burley":vxgknqbx said:
puros_bran":vxgknqbx said:
Monbla really isn't an asshat.  He's just a very opinionated, stuck in his way, relic of a bygone day (which is better than saying Old Man). Kinda like blue cheese, okay for awhile but too much is bad and you always have it in the back of your mind you are partaking of mold.
:lol!: That's the closest thing to poetry I'll read all day.
Truth is Monblablabla is mostly good people... Just our personalities don't work. It's okay we aren't married. I want him to get healthy and get back on here annoying the crap out of me...wait, it does sound like we are married doesn't it?