I just got the last of Cousin's Woodmere

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotties22

Reaction score
I called Cousin's earlier today to order a pound of Woodmere. They called me back about an hour later to tell me they only had 12oz left and that one of the tobaccos they use in the blend they can't get anymore. My mom and I really really like Woodmere. What are some other tobaccos that run along the same line?

Cousin's is a shop local to me, and I've talked to a few of the folks there about their house blends. I'll try to get some more precise info the next time I'm in the shop...if memory serves, Woodmere is a vanilla aro, mostly using cavendished tobacco, yes? If I've got the right blend in mind, I seem to remember that being a combination of Lane 1-Q and RLP-6, but I couldn't swear to it.

idbowman":ap33mf9v said:
Cousin's is a shop local to me, and I've talked to a few of the folks there about their house blends.  I'll try to get some more precise info the next time I'm in the shop...if memory serves, Woodmere is a vanilla aro, mostly using cavendished tobacco, yes?  If I've got the right blend in mind, I seem to remember that being a combination of Lane 1-Q and RLP-6, but I couldn't swear to it.
I was just in the newest Cousin's shop in Akron the other day. Picked up a Petersons Summertime Blend from 2010...

If I'm down there again, I'll ask about Woodmere.

Let me say that I got the last of the stuff their store in the Keys had. Maybe I should call a few of the other stores to see if anyone else has any.

I think they all get blended at one central point and then sent out to the retail locations...so my guess is if it's a matter of having the right tobacco for the blend it would affect all of their retail stores.

I hope this doesn't play into their "Hunter's Lodge" blend at all...it's one of my favorites.

My greatest pipe smoking regret is that I have not been able to determine what present day Cousin's aromatic blend corresponds to the Cousin's Aromatic Blend, that came jn a black and white labeled "paint can," the kind with a sliding opener. I used to buy it at Cousin's old shop on St. Clair in Cleveland in the late 1960's. If anyone can help with this, please respond.