I just realized something....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
McClelland doesn't make a red virginia flake :scratch:

I have been messing about mixing 2035 dark navy flake with other McClelland ginyweed (so far mixing it with 22 is producing the best results) and in the vein of their Red and Black I went looking (hopefully) for a bulk or tinned straight red virginia flake. None. OK, McRanies Red Flake, but still not sold officially as a McClelland product, and not obtainable other than through McRanie.

I just thought that was odd given their large menu of ginnyweed options.

DrumsAndBeer":o462jjvr said:
Hmm? I could have sworn Epitome was a straight Red.
I just checked TR, the description doesn't say it is red virginia but some reviews do. I think I'd have to go looking for a specific year of Christmas Cheer, perhaps.

"I just realized something...."

Oh Gees! The jig is up boys, he knows.....ya all can take the disguises off and uncover the spaceships. :fpalm:

Puff Daddy":whykyptu said:
DrumsAndBeer":whykyptu said:
Hmm? I could have sworn Epitome was a straight Red.
I just checked TR, the description doesn't say it is red virginia but some reviews do. I think I'd have to go looking for  a specific year of Christmas Cheer, perhaps.
To the best of my understanding, CC is their only straight red 'ginny flake. And a fine one it is too.

Cheers,

RR

I just popped a tin of R&B and it's indeed good stuff. Seriously, if you get the McCranie and use whichever McC matured flake you got, youll be in the same ballpark. Dark Star would be an interesting mix...