I May Drop All Business With Entities Whose Customer Service Centers Are Outside The U.S.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
One of the banks with whom I bank, TCF National Bank, has always had its CS center stateside. It's being absorbed by Huntington Bank. This morning I called customer service and got a CS agent with a sparse knowledge of spoken English. And our connection was was horrible. Every question I asked...there was a pause as she rehearsed reading from a boilerplate Q & A sheet. My on line running balance was totally a mess. The CS agent repeated the same line to every question, "Your balance is $xxxxxxx. Our digital banking system may not reflect your actual balance. Our system may be updating. Please check again later or go to a local branch office and speak to a representative."

I'll admire and respect you...if you follow through with your convictions. It won't be easy, and I wish you luck.

We're in an interesting pickle here. With the stock market seemingly being the only metric in which we gauge the health and utility of our economy, it necessarily follows that things like customer service, which are labor and time intensive, will be outsourced to places and people with whom we can take advantage. There is no inherent element of ethics or morality in capitalism, and I say that matter of factly and with no hidden agenda. I honestly don't know what people expect...I mean...what people reasonably expect. Worst of all, we blame these other places and people for this predicament, and when I hear people treat them badly, I get fired up. They just want a job and to feed their families, like everyone else on the planet. It's hardly their fault that corporations offer them this opportunity. So I hope you follow through, because we're complicit in this deal.

And after all these years reading this just now. I live in Mobile Alabama working at a mill bought out 14 years ago by a Danish publicly traded company... that I've been out sourced by another country. I'm going to take a pipe break now and think about just how I really feel about this.

Last edited:
Steve, go find yourself a good local credit union. The hell with those darn banks. Other than USAA (which I use minutely!!), I use only CUs for my "banking!!" FWIW, FTRPLT

Steve, go find yourself a good local credit union. The hell with those darn banks.
I do have accounts in two credit unions. TCF Bank used to be Twin Cities Federal Savings and Loan. I've had a checking account there for over 50 years and through many changes. I have several auto deposits there, as well as auto pays. I don't have the energy to notify all the 'autos".

I do have accounts in two credit unions. TCF Bank used to be Twin Cities Federal Savings and Loan. I've had a checking account there for over 50 years and through many changes. I have several auto deposits there, as well as auto pays. I don't have the energy to notify all the 'autos".
Got it!! I totally understand your situation!! FTRPLT

Just did an account update with Sirius XM. Nice lady, foreign accent but understandable. Funny thing was...during the entire phone call, I would swear there was a rooster crowing in the background!!!! LOL FTRPLT