I Need a Bigger Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been a true large size fan, but enjoy having a few around for when the mood strikes. True story: I didn't even choose my biggest one, it chose me. :lol: I'd bought a "Extra Large"-stamped Charatan Special (that wasn't all that big, actually), which turned out to have a fissure in the bottom of the bowl. In the store, I thought it was just a line of remaining buffing compound that needed wiping out, but it turned out to be a buffing compound filled crack when examined closely at home.

Anyway, I took it back, the store sent it back, and a few weeks later called me to pick up its replacement. What had been sent was one of the best cut and biggest "Extra Large" Charatans I've ever seen. An Executive that could have easily been graded Selected. In the box was a note explaining that the upgrade was offered as an apology.

Classy bunch. This was 1981 or '82. The store was a mall Tinder Box outlet.

The Peterson XL's look nice. Don't need anything ginormous - those look about right.

This Big Ben is huge, but still a reasonable pipe to smoke.
I usually take it on a long drive.
fm_lb10.jpg

Got it at Frenchy's for $72.25.

Puff Daddy":hb5jkke6 said:
Is that the Really-Big Ben?
It's a 401A Giant.
I didn't realize it was gonna be that
big when I ordered it, but I'm not
sorry that I did. I don't smoke it that often, though.

JJ if you like the Pete xl size, I will heartily recommend you look at an XL315. This is the large calabash shape of the original sherlock holmes pipe, available also as a system pipe (which is what I have). It is a really comfortable pipe, very generous size bowl, but not obtrusive. One of my all time favorites.

http://store.pipesandcigars.com/pestsyxlruft.html

Thanks for the laugh! I thought that you said you were looking for a "Booger Pipe".

Mike Hagley

I can just imagine packing a whole tin of #4 Brown Rope into that Grizzly and smoking it all in one sitting! You do that, and your next child will be born unconscious!