I Need a Bigger Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJPHOTO

Reaction score
That's what she said!

Haha okay had to get that out of the way.

But no seriously, I have a ginormous Savinelli that I inherited from my grandpa but I need another larger pipe for loading up and sitting through an entire movie. I was looking at the Stanwell 62 Legend, but if anyone has any other recommendations I'd be very happy to look at them. I'm still kinda new at all this doncha know (that's my Sarah Palin impression by the way). Any help appreciated!

Ya want big?
How 'bout a Boswell Grizzly?

grizzl10.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting on of JM"s Jumbos or even a Jumbo X... Might get a Grizzly one day to hang on the wall. Would probably kill me to smoke it!

Aaron":1dp8ggha said:
I wouldn't mind getting on of JM"s Jumbos or even a Jumbo X... Might get a Grizzly one day to hang on the wall. Would probably kill me to smoke it!
It would be a cool novelty item, but not for $645. :roll:

What are you willing to spend? There are some very fine large pipes made by Ardor and Ser Jacopo that would hold a good 10 grams of tobacco.

I hate to break it to you guys, but those you tube vids aren't exactly about pipe smoking, if ya catch my drift :shock: :lol:

The batman one had me rollin, what a sick bastard! I'm just glad he didn't reach under the desk and whip out his joker :affraid: :lol!:

Puff Daddy":szmjm2xy said:
What are you willing to spend? There are some very fine large pipes made by Ardor and Ser Jacopo that would hold a good 10 grams of tobacco.
On the serious side you are absolutely right PD. Tinsky sometimes makes some rather large pipes and the Kaywoodie Handmades are usually oversized, actually a nice smoking size to my liking but oversized for sure in comparison to others.

I have a Peterson XXXL House pipe that has a bowl bigger than a Dunhill ODA, about the capacity of a shot glass, but not quiet in the novelty size of the Grizzly. It's a great smoker and well balanced, especially considering the size of the bowl.

Puff Daddy":1ttyo0o7 said:
I hate to break it to you guys, but those you tube vids aren't exactly about pipe smoking, if ya catch my drift :shock: :lol:

The batman one had me rollin, what a sick bastard! I'm just glad he didn't reach under the desk and whip out his joker :affraid: :lol!:

yeah, kinda figured that one out. Still funny though. And more than a bit disturbing. I'm going to start sending those videos to all my pipe smoking friends. :twisted:

There are really two questions here: First, what kind of pipe are you looking for (Bent, Straight, Rustic, Smooth, Handmade, Italian?) Second is what kind of money are you willing to pay?

I second the Macdonald's suggestion of a House Pipe from Peterson. They are enormous, but very nicely balanced. Peterson know how to build really good large pipes.

Waaaaaaaaaay cheaper, Mario Grandi makes some very large pipe, even a giant series. I think you have to watch the quality of any particular pipe, but I will say that all 3 of my Grandis smoke perfect.

Some of those big Danish freehands have huge bowls. Bjarne certainly made a lot, and Johs looks to be following up with all kinds of monster pipes under 100 bucks.

But for pure unadulterated pleasure, I'd sink my money into a high end XL Pete.