I need a smoke for dessert!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Didn't post what we ate yesterday as it was rather pedestrian having tuna fish sandwich with sliced dill pickle on homemade sourdough bread and homemade carbonated lime water as our drink.

Today was a whole new day and I worked prepping certain portions of the meal yesterday and that was the fresh beet greens, I separated the baby beets from the greens and placed them in the fridge w/o washing them, this helps preserve them until I have enough to make something. Then I washed each leaf and placed it in a colander to drain, once I finished this I removed the stems from the leaves and set the leaves back in the colander and placed a wet paper towel over them and into the fridge they went. Lastly I coarse chopped the stems and placed them to in a bowl with a wet paper towel on top and popped them into the fridge.

Had plenty of prep to do this morning since I was making a peach (from our peach tree last season) garlic, lime and olive oil marinade for the swordfish steak I would be grilling, got the marinade all made, popped the swordfish steak into a rectangular glass container after patting it dry then poured the marinade over it, covered it and into the fridge for 3 hours.

I had Yukon Gold potatoes to wash and a Mango to slice up. Once all this was done I got the Weber Q warmed up and set the potatoes on and came inside to sauté some garlic in olive oil then added the stems then out to turn the potatoes and came back in to stir the greens add the next batch and stir those in and the final batch and salted with Himalayan Sea Salt and a few turns on the pepper mill then covered and back out to turn the potatoes.

Lit the MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem with the next to the last bowl of Coon Hound Flake and watched the potatoes. Went back inside to grab the swordfish and sliced mango and back to the grill.

I first quickly did the mango slices up and placed them on the warm tray and the potatoes on theirs went back inside and placed them in the preheated oven, I transferred the beet greens into a covered dish and set this in the oven as well then out to finish my smoke while I grilled the swordfish.

As you can see it all came out looking pretty good and I served some Southern Maine Brewery (our local micro brew) Crystal Persuasion, a lovely double IPA. Well I am going to see what I want for a smoke, keep it smokey.
banjo

ee11504d58ed20d35eb72ff3dfa272c0ba88268.jpeg

Sat down in my recliner to ponder what pipe to have for dessert and ended up stacking Z's instead. Now on my feet, would not call this being awake by any stretch, and having some Condor Long Cut in the MM Monogram, keeping it smokey.
banjo

77c35ffb40a651fee7e6220cde7c89382dc883a.jpeg