I need newbie help please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like a clean pipe! :D

I am kinda of anal about my pipes being clean. I never let them sit overnight with tobacco in them, not have'm been cleaned.

JLJ2018":a3x9i2i6 said:
is it okay to have multiple pouches open at once or will they go dry and stale like cigs and snuff do?
They will definitely dry out and lose it inside of10 days. Get some small, new Ball / Mason jars and jar them as you open them.

:face:

Yak":3kg15jgw said:
JLJ2018":3kg15jgw said:
is it okay to have multiple pouches open at once or will they go dry and stale like cigs and snuff do?
They will definitely dry out and lose it inside of10 days. Get some small, new Ball / Mason jars and jar them as you open them.

:face:
Forgive my ignorance, but would ziploc bags be just the same?

I just use zip locks for temporary storage, glass is better for long time storage. For me the thought of all those chemicals & oils leaching from the plastic to my baccy is not very appetizing. But thats just me.

Your proposed order is great in that it will expose you to the major tobaccos, which I would number as:

Virginia
Burley
Latakia
Oriental

Once you know what you like best, C&D prides itself on working with a customer, with iterations of a blend, blend 1-blendX, to arrive at a custom blend just for that customer. Beware however that they only sell by the lb. Their prices are fair, to my mind.

That said, C&D makes many, many blends, and the chances of you finding a blend that you'll really enjoy, are good.