I saw a familiar handle or two

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortex

Reaction score
My name is Steve and I've just re-started pipe smoking after 20 years. I saw some fellow cigar forum members here so they can tell you what a jerk I am. :shock:

I've been looking for a pipes-only forum since getting back into pipes recently. I smoked only "drug store" brands years ago. I tried a few others but never really turned into an avid pipe smoker in the 80s. Since I got into cigars a few years ago I noticed many of the my fellow BOTLs were also smoking all these pipe tobaccos I'd never seen at the drug store. :idea: So I found my old pipe and ordered some stuff and now I prefer pipes to cigars!

I hope to get to know everyone and learn about what I've been missing. See you on the boards!

Welcome, Steve. This is a great place to hang out and enjoy a bowlful while learning about this fascinating hobby (obsession?). :pipe:

Hello & welcome to the Brotherhood of the Briar.
We are all a bit loony :affraid: here, hope you don't mind. :pipe:

vortex":as0uentu said:
My name is Steve and I've just re-started pipe smoking after 20 years. I saw some fellow cigar forum members here so they can tell you what a jerk I am. :shock:

I've been looking for a pipes-only forum since getting back into pipes recently. I smoked only "drug store" brands years ago. I tried a few others but never really turned into an avid pipe smoker in the 80s. Since I got into cigars a few years ago I noticed many of the my fellow BOTLs were also smoking all these pipe tobaccos I'd never seen at the drug store. :idea: So I found my old pipe and ordered some stuff and now I prefer pipes to cigars!

I hope to get to know everyone and learn about what I've been missing. See you on the boards!
Welcome Steve !!

Welcome to the forum, Steve! What kind(s) of tobacco made you turn from a cigar man into a pipe man? Just curious...

Welcome - you'll find that many, many are former cigar men now branching out (but many still of course keep at least a bit of stock on the old humi!).

Steve,

I know I've seen your handle before. Were you on the old JR board, a Village Idiot, or an MBCL? I've got the memory of a mole, but I know I've seen vortex somewhere in my past life (or I'm hallucinating again?).

Natch (formerly Mr. Natural, formerly Mr. Wizard, formerly, "hey, studdmuffen", OK, OK, that was how the girls called me a long time ago, and we don't want to go there) :mrgreen: