I smell home made bread baking!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So I run upstairs to the kitchen and see my wife taking out 3 loaves of freshly baked bread from the oven.  "Get away, you can't have any of these", she screams. "But it smells sooooo gooood!, can't I have just an end piece from one of the loaves?"  "NO, these are for the kids, you don't get any!, go away!"  I turned and walked away like a punished dog with it's tail between it's legs.  I wondered what I did wrong to get such treatment.  "But Honey, I love you!", I bantered.  She heard me and said, "That won't help, but, I'll make you a loaf when I return from seeing the kids!"   UHG, now I'll have to wait several days before she returns!  Oh well, on a positive note, I'll have the house to myself for several days while she's gone! :bounce:

I love home made bread, it's one of my downfalls. I could eat it right off the rack without slicing!

"Who will help me eat my bread?" said the Little Red Hen. It's a skill--learn it. Gain 60 pounds. You can do it. You're welcome.

~  Your pal, Rick

I feel for you Conrad and also share your pain. My wife's a legend at cooking chocolate brownies and like you I'm bottom of the food chain. Even our rather rotund cat fairs better than me. :roll:

We used to make fresh bread (used a bread machine) in Iraq, it never got sliced lol just tore off handfuls of it at a time. A two pound loaf would last all of five minutes after baking. Nothing beats fresh bread!

I used to make beer bread all the time because of how few ingredients are involved and how effortless it is, but I was eating entire loafs in 24 hours. And then I was experimenting with various beers, which is another hole I don't need. Highly recommended though.

Carbs, man. I've watched more than one person in the twilight of their lives only wanting to eat bread. One even was eating an entire Vienna loaf every day (basically white bread in an artisan shape), and their stomach was the size of a giant pumpkin because of all those sugars. Not good.

I love oven fresh bread. Especially sourdough bread. I just need to get a new starter since I killed my old starter