I still like Captain Black White!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
My experience and history with pipe smoking is a story in itself, but for as long as I can remember there was always Captain Black White. From the first time I tried a pipe 6 years ago, to the many in and outs of the hobby Captain Black White was always there, and every mentor I grew up with that smoked a pipe, smoked CBW.

Last night I loaded up a bowl and I still enjoyed it. Even though I've learned to like the much better aromatics such as Christmas Cookie as well as the finer english blends like Penzance, I still find great pleasure with a bowl of CBW.

HERESY!! Only kidding whatever floats your boat. Your the only one that you have to please.

One of my favorite drug store blends. Smooth and rich. A real classic.

Captain Black was the brand I started out pipe smoking with. While it is a drug store blend and my palate has moved on to other things, it is still a brand that is near and dear to me. I used to go for the blue most of the time since it burned a little easier but I would hit the white occasionally when I wanted a richer smoke. Now you have me thinking about going to pick up a pouch of the white for old times sake. :pipe:

If you like it, smoke it.

God gave us all different likes and dislikes in this world. We should embrace our God-given, individual characteristics and let others do the same. There is great beauty in diversity.

Drives me crazy when people start picking others' preferences for them.

Isn't Captain Black White the same as Lane 1Q or am I mixing up blends with a different Captain Black? As some one else has said, you only have to please yourself. Smoke what you like and enjoy what you smoke. :pipe:

You and a bunch of others, it is still the #1 selling pipe tobacco in the US.

Strongirish":unqklzpf said:
You and a bunch of others, it is still the #1 selling pipe tobacco in the US.
I thought Prince Albert was the top seller.

Prince Albert is the best selling OTC but Captain Black is sold in bulk as well with world wide distribution. The following is one claim to this by JRCigar

JR's Pipe Tobacco Recommendations

Per your request... our current suggestions. Culled from both domestic and imported pipe brands, they are included for one or more of the following reasons: popularity, economy, flavor varieties, complexity, and quality.

Captain Black White - Hands down, the best-selling pipe tobacco available in both large tin and pouch. Also known as Captain Black Regular, this domestic blend is both mild and aromatic. Its base is Black Cavendish blended with mellow Burley tobaccos.

I love the Prince myself and buy it by the case, but the King is CB.

Mikem":yewp5dwi said:
Isn't Captain Black White the same as Lane 1Q or am I mixing up blends with a different Captain Black? As some one else has said, you only have to please yourself. Smoke what you like and enjoy what you smoke. :pipe:
Actually, Mikem, I think Cap't. Black Blue is the same as the white pouch Captain. The 1Q doesn't have as much black Cavendish in it. I keep some 1Q here as a crowd pleaser smoke and I actually enjoy a bowl every now and then. My wife often comments that "thats smells good enough to eat!".

Smokey

I worded that earlier post wrong. It should have said the Cap't. Black Blue is the same as 1Q. Sorry for the confusion.

Smokey