I treat it like crap, and it wasn't real expensive, but...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I can jam any tobacco at any moisture level into my Peterson 303 System and it will give me a perfect smoke. Crazy good little pipe.

What's yers?

I have a Pete Shannon calabash that does that ... and people rag on Pete's :x

A Sav 2699. A perfect smoke every time. I ownly owned one Pete a few years ago. A real gurgler. Thankfully someone stole it. I'm not dumping Pete's just yet. In fact I'm considering to buy one as soon as I get hit by a serious PAD attack again.

A short while back I aquired a Savinelli Duca Carlo #320. I have smoked all types of baccy in it with no problems. I like it so much sometimes I smoke it for several days in a row without giving it a rest. It fell out of my briefcase/bag in the driveway and got a bit of a ding in it, "oh well, s**t happens", it still smokes great. Paid $40 bucks for it, a very good investment I think. Had I paid alot for it the ding might upset me but I see it as if it were a tool to use, sometimes tools get scratched, sometimes they break. Oh by the way, this is one of my favorite pipes.

Mine is a big old bent Hillson with a dark, craggy sandblast, kind of a calabash shape for lack of a better term. It's 35 years old or so; I probably paid $30 new for it. I can honestly say it's never given me a bad smoke.

Estate Savenelli - smoke with no filter - cool and every peice of garbage baccy tastes good in it. Might be the huge draft hole in it. I don't know why - but that's mine ... so far. Good thread Saskie

It's amazing sometimes how a no name or off brand estate pipe can give you the best smokes and some really expensive ones will not. I still think the Pete system pipes for the money give the best most reliable smokes. I never hesitate buying one when I see a good deal.

itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny Calabresi rhodesian..........paid $20 for it about 15 years ago.
Horribly drilled and has 3 or 4 putty fills but MAN o' MAN !!!! What a great smoker :cheers:

Dr. Grabow Savoy that looks like hell. The stain is uneven, it's all chipped up, and, when I got it, it was ghosted with something that tasted like Paladin. It's a top notch smoker. I can cram it full of just about anything and be confident that it'll be a good smoke.