I want to say thank you.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
I know that every once in a while one of these sorts of threads will pop up and I felt it was time for mine. Now let me preface this by saying I'm not a very good writer so bear with me.

First let me say that this is, by far, the best Internet community that I have ever been a part of. Period. There is more brotherly (and sisterly) love and affection here than most others. I knew next to nothing about pipes and tobacco when I signed up, now I know a little more than nothing, I am still learning and learn something new everyday. I have been a member of several message boards over the years, mostly for Christian music musicians, and the other members never treated me with the love that I feel here.

Secondly I want to say thank you to all the brothers that have reached out to me with gifts and amazing deals of pipes and tobacco. You have no idea what it means to me, and I cannot fully express how it had touched Amy and me. I feel truly blessed, blessed beyond words. I had no idea that people did this sort of thing. I remember the first package I recieved. I opened it and found a lot of samples and a very nice pipe, I was blown away! I was not expecting anything like that at all! And that is only one example. I don't know if it is kosher for me to name names or if you all would even want to be recognized, so I will simply say thank you all so much, you know who you are!

One day I hope to be in the position where I can do the same for someone like me. You have touched my life and it's a little better because of it.

I smoke my pipes in your honor and remember you all!

This is a great bunch of folks! :cheers:
Way to go un-named gifter/s! :cheers:

Aaron, I was saying the exact same thing a couple years ago when I joined Knoxcigar's board. Blew me away that people that didn't know me at all could be so generous. It's quite a group of folks.

There seems to be something about the pipe and fine weedage which must be shared. That which makes a bowl in solitude good, when shared becomes better. How many eons tobacco has comforted man's soul is a mystery ...

I don't know if stuff like this isn't actual human nature asserting itself in defiance of the official model of things. Which was, as nearly as I can determine, concocted to rationalize tyranny and exploitation.

I think we're made of different stuff than that -- stuff that accepts what we see around us only reluctantly and looks for little ways to sabotage the mindset that produces it.

:face:

Yak":tho5xs8z said:
I don't know if stuff like this isn't actual human nature asserting itself in defiance of the official model of things. Which was, as nearly as I can determine, concocted to rationalize tyranny and exploitation.

I think we're made of different stuff than that -- stuff that accepts what we see around us only reluctantly and looks for little ways to sabotage the mindset that produces it.

:face:
Well put Brother Yak! Well put.