Ideas for Spring Forward Box Pass Number 5

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well with all this time on my hands recovering from my surgery and February not too far away it is time once again to start planning for the annual Spring Forward Box Pass. This will be the Fifth I have put together. I have already placed an order for the following tins.

Wessex Red Virginia Flake
Wessex Burley Slice
Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake
McClelland Grand Orientals Katerini Classic
Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew
C&D Sunset Harbor Flake
C&D Star of the East Flake
C&D Purple Cow
Ashton Winding Road
GLPease Embarcadero

Still thinking about the bulks and some more blends to get the show going.

Some things I'm thinking about, take it to twenty-five people instead of last years 20. Running the pass on BOB instead of at Knox. Possibly splitting the box in two and having one start in the west and one in the east. Both boxes going to all twenty-five participants. The problem being postage twice. This might be offset with the fact that there are two smaller boxes traveling the countryside instead of one giant crate moving about. Plus then you get two chances to trade different blends instead of one and you don't wait as long before seeing the box. Maybe one box English, the other Virginia and Aromatic. I would still keep the keep the box for six days rule.

If you have any suggestions or blends you might like to see in the pass let me know. Give me some ideas on new blends that are available that I can add to the pass. That is what this whole thing is about, trying out new blends.

Hey Mike,glad all went well!!!!Man,postage X2 is no problem with me,and I love the idea !!Sign me on for year 3? :D :D :D
Tony

I'm down with the 2x's but I'd prefer both boxes be mixed (Va, English, Aro, Burley). If I got a big box of English I'd have to just send it on. :lol:

Hi Mike, Hope your feeling ok, the real job starts now, remember we are still praying for you, is this box-pass like having two women? I'm in. Ken.
Pacem en Fun! :tongue: :king:

I like the 2 box split idea. Shipping 2 smaller boxes couldn't be any more expensive than shipping Babs was last year :lol:

I'll be most happy to send a few things to ya to get the first boxes well stocked 8)

Mike,

Sounds like fun, please count me in. Some blend suggestions, Samuel Gawith St. James Flake. Samuel Gawith 1792. GLP Filmore GLP Westminster. Maybe some Shaving supplies. Mike I look forward to being a part of this box of good will...
Dan

One box or Two which ever you decide, count me in. With two boxes those at the end of the list will be at the begining for the other and won't have to wait in anticipation as long.

Mike,
Everything sounds awesome! Pen me in on the list of future "passers"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Two boxes sounds good to me too. One box, two boxes, mix or match . . . . . . . . heck, whatever you think is best Mike. Please count me in.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. I'm more than happy to send a few tins to help get things going. :D

Mike,

Those ARE great ideas.

Don't think I am not watching this develope.

I just have not decided.

Something about spectating this one is appealing.

For guys who have never done a box pass, this is the epitome of box passes,,,,,,,,,jump in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ANY level of participation is welcomed and worthwhile.

Can I squeeze a new BMW into the box?

mdmiller5 said:
TJ, what blend is BMW? :lol!: Gentleman I do need some ideas on "newer" Virginia or Virginia/Perique type blends to put in the box.[/quote

Mikem,

I've enjoyed the heck out of Solani's #633 "VA Flake with Perique".....Because Solani has had a some real stinkers in the past :x ,I'm sure some folks have passed this great blend up...

Best,
Dock

Doc's right,

Solani 633 is exceptional.

I have a tin going right now.

Also have a tin of Sam Gaws St. James Flake going as a compliment to it.

Both are splendid,,,,,,,,,,,,,and sooooooooooooooooo different.

I also woul suggest Laurel Flake,,,,,,,,,,but it looks like that one has gone away,,at least for now.

I have six tins of Laurel Flake and will share them with :geek: & :afro: , axe and they shall receive.

It's good to be capo.

I'd say consider Dorchester and Astley's 109, both excellent Va's. 109 is a very well mannered german made medium bodied flake with a slight sweetness to it and Dorchester is a shag cut Vaper with an amazing fig-like tin aroma and excellent flavor profile :D

Thank you for the suggestions gentleman. Just what I was looking for. The more and more I think about it, I might break BAB's down to two baby Bab's. One starting in the West, the other in the East. One Virginia, Virginia Perique and the other English and Aromatic(?) or maybe English, Cigars. We shall see.

Due to Alfredo's kindness I have been smoking Pease Cumberland and it is really good! I wouldn't mind seeing some of it in a pass!