Identify zippo style lighter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,
A good friends father ww2 and grandfather ww1 served and he has a zippo style lighter he asked me if i could find any information about. Not sure what era its from as it was found in an old memories box from one of them.
Any thoughts would be appreciated there is no engraving or marks on it unfortunately.

1662097518757.png

Mike…nice to hear from you!

Are you saying this is a WWI era lighter…or just that your friends relative served then. It might help to pinpoint an age.

Interesting piece. Have you looked for any Zippo specific sites or collector groups, etc.?

Thanks BH, yes it would be defiantly from what I know 1914-1945 ish was one of theirs lighters, sorry thats all we got. I have joined 2 sites to research it but as we know takes a bit of mucking around to join etc. Thought I would throw it out to the brothers first. cheers

From my limited knowledge, looks like a petrol model interesting , don't know might have been an Australian imperial forces issue. I will keep you posted if I find more out.Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not a lighter expert but I do love old lighters. It looks to be a WWII Australian utility service lighter, possibly issued to Soldiers. From the pictures I've been able to find the past with the raised circle is actually the bottom and the smooth past is actually the cap. Looks to be in pretty good condition for the age of it.