If I Weren't So Lazy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Not counting the 100 or so Dunhill tins I bought when it was rumored that Dunhill was finished with tobacco, I have an embarrassing number of other unopened tobacco tins. I will never, in this lifetime, smoke all the tobacco I've personally blended and pressed. I know I should list all the tins for sale, so others may enjoy the tobacco at bargain pricing, but just looking in the basement cabinets where the tins are resting tires me out. I am very thankful (truthfully, honestly) that none is what one might call collectible.
All the Syrian, Esoterica, McClelland, etc. I recruited a daughter to box up and ship to Pipestud about a year ago.
If I croak tomorrow, my daughters will probably put everything on the driveway, tins, pipes, etc. in a cardboard box, "Make an offer." LOL

It brings to mind an episode that occurred about 20 years ago. My late wife and I were traveling. I checked in with my daughter who was house sitting. She asked if it was okay to "host" a party at the house. I said it was fine, but no under age drinking, and if anyone seemed even slightly tipsy, they were to stay overnight. The house would have to look as it did, "when Mom and I left for vacation." I further instructed her not to spend money on booze, "just go downstairs and take a bottle out of the liquor cabinet." When we arrived home, the place was spotless. When I took some recycling out to the outside bin, I gulped hard, an empty bottle of what had been
Sazerac 18 Year Rye. I did not tell my daughter what the $value was, but did ask why she chose that bottle. "Daddy, I didn't want to take anything you'd probably like and that bottle was all dusty, sitting on a back shelf. I figured my friends wouldn't know what was good or not."

Well, you did tell her to take a bottle??
Yes, I did and in retrospect, should have been more specific. However, that was just booze, and I got to trade it for a story of my own stupidity and a good laugh. Had she not taken that bottle, it very likely would still be sitting in the same spot.

Just pondering here…how does any of this qualify as appropriate for listing in the Trading Post? Nothing is being offered for sale.

I’m going to slide this over to a more appropriate section. Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.

Glad my daughter doesn't have much of my taste in either booze or baccy though she will pinch my Jamesons and blend it with ginger ale, shudder, I like mine straight. She only smokes Virginias so that leaves more Latakia for me.