If you ever need an ear

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
We just had a loss in our family, my wives cousin took his own life. Please if anyone ever feels like life is too much or are depressed please reach out to someone. You are never in this alone . I would be more than happy to be a friendly ear if you need to vent. Carlos, Ozark and Blackhorse please feel free to bump this to the rubber room if it is too bold of a topic for here.

My condolences to you and to your family. I'm up very late (or early) today with insomnia. I will offer prayers on your behalf.

Gosh, I'm sorry to learn that Alex, that's tough news.

Unfortunately mental health still has a stigma attached to it which is often why folks suffer in silence. Interestingly our two Princes, Harry and William, are working to address this. They have both served in HM Forces and grew tired of hearing the phrase 'man up' or 'soldier on' and realised the damage it could often result in. Appropriate banter in some circumstances, but not all.

Warm thoughts for you and yours Alex,

Stick.

This is truly a heart felt moment. My sincerest condolences to you and yours.

YOUR IN MY PRAYERS

Stick, thank you for your kind words and it's great to hear from you. I agree with what you had to say on this, I have a hard time understanding the stigma though, a person shouldn't be ashamed for being in a difficult place in their life. What truly breaks my heart is his wife and two little girls, those kids growing up without knowing their dad... and his wife, I can't begin to imagine what her thoughts are at the moment.

Obviously agree...this is just a horrible occurrence. The lifelong pain and horror caused to his family is just inconceivable. I can’t even imagine it. Though I will try NOT to think about this, my prayers for the family are there.

Alex, this is an incredibly disturbing event for your family and no words can suffice to convey the feelings I have for you as you go through this tragedy.

I can only offer that if you or your family members need grief counselling, please seek it out asap.

Too hard to add "Cheers" to this one,

RR

Brewdude":g8wm6yif said:
Alex, this is an incredibly disturbing event for your family and no words can suffice to convey the feelings I have for you as you go through this tragedy.

I can only offer that if you or your family members need grief counselling, please seek it out asap.

Too hard to add "Cheers" to this one,

RR
We are good. Just confused. He seemed fine last week.