If You Like It Sweet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Reaction score
Last week I received a package from our good friend Chris (DrumsAndBeer) and it contained several samples of tobacco he thought I'd like. One of sample was labeled Shortcut To Mushrooms. Mushrooms? What the heck is this? The last time I heard of someone smoking mushrooms they were flying out of 10 story windows or wandering behind the little animals out on the Funny Farm. Since Chris and I smoke many of the same blends I decided to trust my friend's recommendation and gave it a try. I could see that the plastic bag held some very dark ribbon cut tobacco. When I opened the bag I was immediately aware of a strong sweet aroma with definate vanilla overtones. Well I like vanilla icecream so no problem there. The moisture seemed to be perfect. It wasn't dripping with some humicant and actually felt kind of dry but still spongy. I packed my pipe and gave it a light. WOW! This stuff is sweet. I mean really sweet. I've never made a secret of the fact that I'm all about a sweet tobacco. The sweeter the better and this one is not only sweet but creamy sweet. There's a bit of Latakia but it's melded with the mushrooms to the point where you only get just a bit of its smokiness and all of its sweetness. This is a very mild smoke and the nicotine though present is a very minor player and that's the only weakness this tobacco has for me. The flavor continues to build through out the smoke. As I continued smoking it I noticed I had started to relax and enjoy this piece of Heaven. It was late at night and I had started to get ready for bed and had decided to have one more smoke before I hit the hay. I'm surely glad I picked this time to try this blend. I sat in my recliner wrapped up in the creamy sweetness of vanilla flavored peaches and cream. On occasion I like a little bowl of peaches and cream before bedtime and now I had it in my pipe. You can't hardly help but getting that satisfied feeling like you get after having dessert after a fine meal. No matter how hard I puffed I couldn't make it bite but maybe that was because my pipe had a 9mm filter. It burns rather quickly or so it seems. This may be because good enjoyable smokes always seem to be over too quickly. Now our buddy JimInks stated that when he tried this there was some moisture and goop left in his pipe but I've had several bowls with none of them leaving anything but a gray ash in the bottom of my bowl. YMMV! In summary this is a creamy sweet smoke that relaxes and satisfies. However if you one of the many that find sweet tasting tobacco not to your liking then this is one to stay away from. For those of you that remember how sweet and good Sugar Barrel was back in the late 60's and early 70's then you will be thrilled with blend. Chris I can't thank you enough for introducing me to this blend that will surely bring me many hours of sweet creamy relaxing pleasure. Shortcut to Mushrooms is available at Just For Him. :)

AJ

Sounds Good AJ, I like a vanilla flavoring now and again myself. Congrats! :)

Nice review and endorsement AJ, I might enjoy this one now and then, I do have a sweet tooth. The last time I tried to order from JFH, Mellow Monk as I recall, they couldn't ship to WA. State unfortunately. Bummer.

AJ, you're quite welcome and I am happy that I was able to send you something that you're enjoying so much. Nice review by the way.

Cheers.. :D

Once a month I get into Springfield, MO, and Just For Him buys my pipes and other wares. I have swapped for some of the Shortcut to Mushrooms, and have enjoyed it. Funny that a B&M in a small town in Missouri would have such a following......

I'll have to let Waymond know he has a following..........

Ozark Wizard":tfzru84f said:
Once a month I get into Springfield, MO, and Just For Him buys my pipes and other wares. I have swapped for some of the Shortcut to Mushrooms, and have enjoyed it. Funny that a B&M in a small town in Missouri would have such a following......

I'll have to let Waymond know he has a following..........
I just ordered a bunch of shaving stuff from them. A rather strange order for someone with a beard Huh? I shave my neck and between my nose and mustache as well as a little on my cheeks. I got me another brush, a pucket of soap and I bought one of those thick handle razors. I was tempted to buy a straight razor but decided that with all the problems with dying nerves in my hand that it probably dangerous for me to use one. :)

AJ

It's a great shop, a little of everything, mostly geared towards guy stuff...

Smoke, hats, gifts, shaving stuff, testosterone and abandoned men chain smoking and watching old movies while their wives shop the town...

Good times.......

Ozark Wizard":mt7xqqv9 said:
It's a great shop, a little of everything, mostly geared towards guy stuff...

Smoke, hats, gifts, shaving stuff, testosterone and abandoned men chain smoking and watching old movies while their wives shop the town...

Good times.......
Sounds like a good place to spend an afternoon. Wish there were places like that around here. :)

AJ