If You Weren't So Old

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I have to laugh when I think about this. Yesterday, as I do M, W, F, I took care of my 15-month-old granddaughter. After I brought her home, I stopped at Aldi grocery to pick up a few items. As I checked out, without the constraints one should appropriately have, I commented to the young female cashier, "Even with your mask on, I can tell that you are a beautiful young woman." She kind of threw her head back, then leaned forward and said, "If you weren't so old I'd swear you were trying to hit on me."

Last edited:
Yes, those cute young wimems smile at you and ask, "Would like some help out with that?"

They no longer consider you a threat to their virtue. And if they address you as "Mr. (insert last name here)" Ya may as well be hobbling around.

Yep!! Since turning 65 or so, I've never been so "yes sir'ed and no sir'ed" in my life; including the military!! True story from an airline captain buddy of mine; as to this aging thing!! Happened in his late 50's, just prior to reaching the then retirement age 60. He shows up a bit early for his flight, walks into the plane, turns right to see if anyone else is on board yet. Sure enough, one of the female cabin crew is in the galley area...with her skirt hiked up to her waist while she's applying clear nail polish to a rip in her panty hose! Needless to say, her "charms" were displayed in all their glory! He stopped, a bit shocked, trying to apologize for the intrusion. She calmly looked up at him, never stopped her repair job while saying "Oh, it's only you!!" Needless to say my buddy's ego was a bit more than bruised!!! FTRPLT

I have to laugh when I think about this. Yesterday, as I do M, W, F, I took care of my 15-month-old granddaughter. After I brought her home, I stopped at Aldi grocery to pick up a few items. As I checked out, without the constraints one should appropriately have, I commented to the young female cashier, "Even with your mask on, I can tell that you are a beautiful young woman." She kind of threw her head back, then leaned forward and said, "If you weren't so old I'd swear you were trying to hit on me."
You know...it’s a lot easier (on both sides) to flirt with a handsome woman (of any age, except too young) once they incorrectly perceive you as not being a threat.

Before Covid shut down the world, I went to the neighborhood gym (I'm 74) to keep in shape, socialize and (I'm not proud to admit this) "admire" the Soccer Moms.
Never hit on 'em, but still chaffed at their reaction to this "older gentleman."
P.S. If my remarks offend anyone, apologies.

Here's the real insult. I've been a widower for 12+ years. I date rarely, but occasionally. Before Covid, I'd gone out with a 67-year-old woman who'd been divorced since 1997. We shared many interests and I thought we'd have a long term relationship. She knew that I would never marry again, but was amenable to a commitment ceremony and reception. Since 2016, the laws pertaining to financial support in the event of illness and long term care have made older age marriage a risky, if not foolish, endeavor. After a few months of being a couple, she informed me that regardless of our mutual interests and enjoyment of companionship, she decided I was simply too old for her to make an emotional investment.
As for the gym, I view it as an art gallery.

Maybe because of being a gym rat and a ranger I've managed to maintain what my wife calls handsome in a rugged sort of way, lol. Since retiring from ranger duty I've let my mustache grow out, a la old west. Several folks have commented that I resemble the grandfather on the tv show the Heartland. So far have not gotten the can I help you out with that, but obviously I don't get carded when I buy alcohol, lol. Must admit when I was in Socal going to the gym was like a trip to the candy store with all the 45+ divorcees, most in very good shape still trying to snag a man.

Was that because you had imbibed before you went in maybe,, lol.
Monday mornings at 8:00, Morelli's Market posts a Monday Madness special. You order on-line for pick-up from Friday to the following Thursday. Prices are periodically insane; true loss leader items. Morelli's is a liquor store, Italian grocery, and old fashioned meat market. Two weeks ago @Monday Madness, I ordered six bottles of Cacotin Creek Roundstone Distillers Edition Rye Whiskey, 92 proof for $16.97 each. At the chain Total Wine, it's $51.00. Last week, Hangar 1 Brandy for $11.97 750 ml. I'm not a big drinker, but I like a bargain and generally gift away most of the bargains. Prior to Thanksgiving, Morelli's had whole untrimmed beef tenderloins for $6.99 lb. I bought three five-pound loins. They know me and figure I'm physically and mentally feeble. LOL

Monday mornings at 8:00, Morelli's Market posts a Monday Madness special. You order on-line for pick-up from Friday to the following Thursday. Prices are periodically insane; true loss leader items. Morelli's is a liquor store, Italian grocery, and old fashioned meat market. Two weeks ago @Monday Madness, I ordered six bottles of Cacotin Creek Roundstone Distillers Edition Rye Whiskey, 92 proof for $16.97 each. At the chain Total Wine, it's $51.00. Last week, Hangar 1 Brandy for $11.97 750 ml. I'm not a big drinker, but I like a bargain and generally gift away most of the bargains. Prior to Thanksgiving, Morelli's had whole untrimmed beef tenderloins for $6.99 lb. I bought three five-pound loins. They know me and figure I'm physically and mentally feeble. LOL
Steve, where are you located? Morellis sounds familiar.