IF you won the 100M dollar Lottery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobie1dog

Reaction score
Just to see what interesting answers I will recieve, if you won 100 Million in the Lottery, how would you spend it? All to charity like the old couple just did that was in the news? Buy everything on your list and then some? Buy the Peterson or Savinelli factory?

Give me your answers. :)

Always an interesting topic of wish fulfillment!
Several foundations have bounced around in my head when ever I think of such things.

I'd like to form something to aid in early childhood education, another to shelter and assist women in crisis.
Friends of Felines society here in town would be well taken care of.

Myself
Small bus would be acquired and I'd tour the US until I tired of it.
A grand tour of all the tobacco and pipe manufacturers and snuff mills in Europe would be a gas!

Land

Underground Fortress

Food

Guns

Tobacco

Maybe some gold to bury somewhere just for fun.

I would buy an ultra rustic, remote commercial fishing lodge somewhere on a wild salmon/trout stream in western Alaska. I would then purchase a DeHavilland Twin Otter floatplane. Next, I would begin customizing the lodge and surround cabins. Rustic and simple yet super comfortable would be the key. I would then personally interview exotic and beautiful women from around the world to staff my lodge, including one to pilot the Otter. I would then hang a huge burl-wood sign that says:

Brother's of Briar
Alaska Chapter
Fishing, Hunting, And Tobacco Lodge
Members Only

Open invitation, to all members. All expenses paid.

We could have members like Rad Davis run pipe making clinics in between the salmon runs. (Fully equipped shop, of course. Gonna take an awfully big generator...) GLP would be in charge of The Cellar. Followed by epic trout fishing and lots of time spent around the fire pit. Anyone know how to smoke a brisket?

First off would be to fulfill the promise of taking my father and myself to africa for a hunting safari. After that would come a nice house somewhere in the south some new toys for myself and my girl and pay off her vet schooling. I would also like to start an organization to teach kids how things used to be done in the old days i.e. hand carving, leather working, blacksmithing, etc... Oh and the obilgatory pipes and baccies :lol:

Trout Bum":3coqnot0 said:
I would buy an ultra rustic, remote commercial fishing lodge somewhere on a wild salmon/trout stream in western Alaska. I would then purchase a DeHavilland Twin Otter floatplane. Next, I would begin customizing the lodge and surround cabins. Rustic and simple yet super comfortable would be the key. I would then personally interview exotic and beautiful women from around the world to staff my lodge, including one to pilot the Otter. I would then hang a huge burl-wood sign that says:

Brother's of Briar
Alaska Chapter
Members Only

We could have members like Rad Davis run pipe making clinics in between the salmon runs. (Fully equipped shop, of course. Gonna take an awfully big generator...) GLP would be in charge of The Cellar. Followed by epic trout fishing and lots of time spent around the fire pit. Anyone know how to smoke a brisket?
I like how you think, Mr. Bum. :D

Smoke a brisket? Coat thoroughly with Greg Pease's Special Patented Mystery Chili (& etc) Magic Spice Mix, smoke for 5 hrs or so at 200 degrees---hickory preferred, then wrap in foil (over-smoking just makes meat bitter) and finish either in the smoker or a slow oven for several more hours. Serve with Steve Stein's---of the GKCPC---finishing sauce on the side. 8) OOOoooooooh yeahhhhhh...

LL":bn9s43cx said:
Trout Bum":bn9s43cx said:

Brother's of Briar
Alaska Chapter
Members Only

I like how you think, Mr. Bum. :D

Smoke a brisket? Coat thoroughly with Greg Pease's Special Patented Mystery Chili (& etc) Magic Spice Mix, smoke for 5 hrs or so at 200 degrees---hickory preferred, then wrap in foil (over-smoking just makes meat bitter) and finish either in the smoker or a slow oven for several more hours. Serve with Steve Stein's---of the GKCPC---finishing sauce on the side. 8) OOOoooooooh yeahhhhhh...
Stop it your making me hungry :D

Erich, I like your wish for the Twin-Otter, a great plane. Back in the mid-70s I live in a small Inuit community on Baffin Island and we flow them everywhere. Amazing craft in cold, rugged country, you can switch from pontoons to wheels to skis in a matter of a few hours.

I have no idea what I'd do if I had unlimited funds. As I don't gamble, I don't feel I'd deserve it if handed to me (not that I wouldn't keep it, mind you!).

Natch

Gambling always bored me, and the lottery is of course for idiots (although some non-idiots play). But, if I won all that, I'd get rid of it and keep a small amount so I could quit my job and live off of a nice thirty or forty grand annually.

I don't need much money, don't much care. Being rich would just scare the hell outta me, guess I'm a natural broke ass.

Kill Castro and secure my place in tobacco history and the hearts of American cigar aficionados. :twisted:

Trout Bum":rjjemumx said:

Brother's of Briar
Alaska Chapter
Members Only

I'm liking all the detail oriented planning, Troutbum! :cheers: :cheers:

Buy land, be completely off the grid. Donate money to various organizations. Walk for a long time.

Piet Binsbergen":184xg50q said:
Move to the USA and buy th Pease/ C&D factory!!!
Why would you buy GLP / C&D??? Muddler has all you need right there in RSA inHIScellar! :p

DoverPipes":a5dhpa74 said:
Piet Binsbergen":a5dhpa74 said:
Move to the USA and buy th Pease/ C&D factory!!!
Why would you buy GLP / C&D??? Muddler has all you need right there in RSA inHIScellar! :p
Come to think of it bro, you are right about that one!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Well first I'd buy this house...

Then, I'm not really sure exactly but I know it'll involve tobacco and travel.

I'd buy a house with a nice study, and wooded land, near water.

I'd buy a few pipes maybe, and stock my cellar a bit more.

I'd buy a SAAB 93b, SAAB 99 EMS, and a nicer 900 turbo than my own, and maybe a Jeep Wrangler.

Then I'd buy or start some sort of business near the house.

Jack Straw":e43ncmbo said:
I'd buy a house with a nice study, and wooded land, near water.

I'd buy a few pipes maybe, and stock my cellar a bit more.

I'd buy a SAAB 93b, SAAB 99 EMS, and a nicer 900 turbo than my own, and maybe a Jeep Wrangler.

Then I'd buy or start some sort of business near the house.

My friend as Jeep owner I can tell you that, were you to buy one you would also have to set aside a large part of your remaining winnings for Jeep modifications and repairs! Lol.

Aaron":mjxmuo3q said:
Well first I'd buy this house...

Then, I'm not really sure exactly but I know it'll involve tobacco and travel.
That is really cool bro!