IHTs cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHT

Reaction score
and i have an "online cellar" as well, which needs a slight update, too.
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=318

here's a photo taken back in early Oct. it's changed some since then, gifts going out and coming in (and standard smoking). the stack to the left of the Rattrays are nothing but Escudo (which i've added a handful more of the older/smaller ACP versions since that photo).

img0689no6.jpg

very impressive! looking at your online cellar you must be a big escudo fan.

question for you or anybody, is it cool to cellar all my unopened tins and jars in a file cabinet? and where do you store all your tobacco at, greg?

Nice collection. I see a lot of what I like there.

I have open tins on my desk in the ham shack. Some I try to keep in those hard plastic zip locks just in case they loose a bit of moisture over time, even with the plastic lids on. I have so many open it's not at all unusual to have a tin open for more that a year. I seem to smoke mostly burley and Virginia in summer and latakia blends in the cold weather. A definite preference for those blends by the taste buds. I have gone thought 3 tins of Nightcap, 2 Standard Mixture Med, 1 Standard Mixture Mild, and 1 Marc's Mixture this winter. So I do finish tins. I guess I had a very pronounced taste for Dunhill's this year. Because I sure smoked a bunch of other tobaccos to.

What are those three tins between the C&D and GLP in the tallest stack?

I like that PlumCake tin to....Any idea on its age?

puros_bran":3e9ulw00 said:
What are those three tins between the C&D and GLP in the tallest stack?

I like that PlumCake tin to....Any idea on its age?
the plumcake was a gift, he had no clue how old it was, he said it had to be from the 80s or earlier. i'm not an expert on aging MacBaren tins, so i'm taking his word for it.

the 3 tins between the C&D/GLP stuff is from (pipesandcigars.com) russ oullette: marble cake, virginia spice and armada.

thanks for the positive comments.
i don't have anything spectacular, just some good ol' standard pipe tobacco.
my most "prized" tin (some ppl have a few stacks of orig. balkan sobranie or copes escudo or three nuns - not me, got in the game too late) is something i nabbed off ebay. it was a 100g tin from the AC Petersen factory with the words "Curly Cut" typed on what looks like an internal company sticker, like it was a sample tin of something not yet produced, and a date of late '97. (you can see it in the photo in the bottom right behind the open tin of McC Anni and the sobranie pouches)
i opened it up at a herf last Nov, and have babied it to where i have only a handful of bowls left (had to give some samples away to some friends, first).

Nice collection!

Have you tried out the Beacon yet? I have a tin of it enroute.

bobcat":5wi8gtex said:
Nice collection!

Have you tried out the Beacon yet? I have a tin of it enroute.
yep, i only have 1 tin left. and since that photo had been taken, i was sent a half a tin that i have also smoked.

it's alright, a step above McC 2015, a little more 'zesty' if you get what i'm saying. and like mike mcniel (of mcclellands) told our guy about possibly making a Va/Per as our next forum tobacco (another board i'm a member of, not here), "there's so many good ones out there, why make another?"
he's right, there are tons of good/great Va/Pers out there... Beacon is good, but not great, but that's just my tastebuds talking. of course, it also depends on the mood. if i want perique heavy, then it's Fillmore or Telegraph Hill; if i want balance, i go for Escudo, PS LNF, robert mcconnell scottish cake; and if i want a wisp of perique then esoterica Dorchester is a good blend. <- i haven't been a fan of the Va/Per crumble cakes as of yet...

i take it "tobaccocellar.org" is no longer going to be a website?

do any of you know the owner personally and has he expressed those intentions to close the site (not renew it)?

IHT":akrlgggg said:
i take it "tobaccocellar.org" is no longer going to be a website?

do any of you know the owner personally and has he expressed those intentions to close the site (not renew it)?
It's back up and running now.