Il Ceppo pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janski

Reaction score
One of them has been calling to me for awhile. I Finally took the the plunge and ordered it. A gorgeous half-bent silver banded beauty.

I'd like to hear opinions from Il Ceppo owners. Do you like yours an what do you smoke in it? I can't wait :)

janski
I have a half bent silver banded Il Ceppo also; I really like it. It has a very large bowl that lets me enjoy a longer smoke. The mechanics of my pipe are excellent. I smoke english blends in it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine

Il Ceppos are probably one of the best "Bang for your Buck" Italians out there. I enjoy mine and since the bowls are fairly generous in size I smoke mainly Virginias in mine.

Jay

The German Shepherd":j65w8i84 said:
Il Ceppos are probably one of the best "Bang for your Buck" Italians out there. I enjoy mine and since the bowls are fairly generous in size I smoke mainly Virginias in mine.

Jay
Shep,

What's the significance with larger bowl and VA?

Davey The Curious

I've owned and smoked only 2 Il Ceppos. But they were all first-rate smokers and had wonderful graining and shapes.

A lot of guys here in Washington just love them because they believe that they are not only great pipes, but great values in terms of price. They say that if you put another marque on the pipe that it would command a lot more money. Perhaps. But, in any event, they are wonderful pipes.

ZuluCollector":dgmpb282 said:
I've owned and smoked only 2 Il Ceppos. But they were all first-rate smokers and had wonderful graining and shapes.

A lot of guys here in Washington just love them because they believe that they are not only great pipes, but great values in terms of price. They say that if you put another marque on the pipe that it would command a lot more money. Perhaps. But, in any event, they are wonderful pipes.
I've never owned one because I prefer Vulcanite to Lucite, but I agree wholeheartedly about the grain and shapes, they are gorgeous pipes and hold a special niche in the Italian pipe genre.

These pipes are beautiful! I've had my eye on a full bent for some time now and I know Davey just raves about the one he just picked up. Maybe I will get one this summer ! Hopefully!

Lucky

Yes I do! I love it. burns cool and dry with a large bowl for me to enjoy.

FOLLOW UP:

Just smoked my first bowl in the new Il Ceppo.

Decided to start breaking in this one with some Solani Silver Flake. Not a bad choice. The bowl on this pipe is BIG. It burned 2 hours smoked slow and gently. The smoke was nice from the start with some harsh notes to be expected from a new pipe. All in all. If there is such a thing as love with the first bowl i think this is it. I will definitely be buying more of these as the finances allow. If a pipe gets me in the zone with the first bowl, it can only get better. Yay! :cheers:

EDIT: Typos

I sincerly believe that Ceppo's offer the absolute best sand blasted pipes available in their price range today.If you wanted to buy a comprable ring blast from another maker prepare to spend in the $450-$500.00 range. When folks eventually catch on to the quality and smoking characteristics of this company you'll be amazed to see how high the prices will rise.

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

ofafeather":ktbgaxxx said:
Hopefully I can lay may hands on one soon. So many pipes, so little...money :!:

:lol: Applies equally as well to women, eh?

Well known fact : Pipes are Female.

Thus every surprise possible between gorgeous beauty but nasty temperment, superlative performance from examples you would hardly look twice at, and too many in-betweens to list.

:face:

PS : This is also why there are so many beautiful-looking pipes on eBay. And so few nice billiards :D

I've also owned two over the years.Both were bent balls and both had superior sandblasting and very nice silverwork. I agree with Jay. They are among the best "bang for your buck" pipes currently on the market.Both were sold off when I limited my collection to mainly Danish and modern American carvers. If I were to recommend the best value pipe under $300 I would suggest Ceppo's and Ardor's lead the field...............

Best,
D.J.

They are decent pipes and their blast is very nice. I have several (seven or eight) purchased around when they were first introduced in the US. For a while they had very good prices and were a great value, but for what they cost these days I prefer other brands.