I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Best friend that is.
I'm a member of a defensive firearm forum. In a thread titled "Best Quote" I ran into this...

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown.

If the deceitful tongue of mankind has ever said anything truer, I lack the knowledge of it.

I present (once again) Duncan. My wife says we are codependent.

upload pic

Just as commendable as my Duncan is my wife's best bud, Hershey the 150lb lab.

image hosting no register

Both are theoretically "family dogs" but we all know who is paired off with who.

4 pounds of ferocious beast. I protested when my wife wanted her, please no more dogs, but now she sleeps on my pillow next to me.

image15.jpg

My wife has her baby doll, also known as Shisha;

And I've got my Hunting buddy, also known as Snuff;

And they are good buddies also;

I Love dogs, I don't think I could go without a hound.
Zach

It's been almost 2 1/2 years since we lost our best bud Hampton here. His personality was so unique, and he was a stubborn turd to boot. We have finally gotten to the point though where we have an application in with a local adoption agency and are keeping our eye out when someone comes up that needs a good home. Definitely pretty damn lonely without our fur baby around.
ham.jpg

I took this on b&w film when he was just a wee pup before his ears perked up. His right one stood up pretty quickly, but his left one drooped for years. I came back from deployment and his left ear had stood up. Damn people broke my dog while I was gone! Definitely one of my favorite photos of him though.
HamptonHUH.jpg

This is Luke, my granddaughter's dog. But in reality Luke hangs with me often. Especially when nobody is home. Yup, he sleeps on my bed at times. Loves people but goes BONKERS when he see's any other dog. I spoil him rotten:king: :king: :king:
Luke is a North Carolina Plott Hound

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
OrI3z0e.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Our fir ball is named Cubby but, answers to Butt Head, Poop Butt, etc. He's pretty old nowadays and sleeps most the time.
Poor guy is about blind and has a hard time standing on his hind legs anymore but, seems to always perk up when a biscuit
comes within nose shot. I love him dearly but, when he's gone there won't be another. I'm too old and patientless to start over again with a young one and just don't want another to die before I do.
Oh, he's a Cocker Spaniel mix.

arkansaspiper":vkdean7i said:

One of my 7 kids
Arky half my pics post  side ways.... how in the heck did youndo it upside down..... or is it right side up but im just super doped on nyquil

puros_bran":1m76a462 said:
Best friend that is.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown.

If the deceitful tongue of mankind has ever said anything truer, I lack the knowledge of it.
I like that, it says it all. ;)

DrumsAndBeer":0dyp0rop said:
Our dog's a rabbit.

A real cutie but, is it house trained? Hate to slip and fall in the middle of the night on those little ball bearings the leave. ;)

Cart I wouldn't have taken a true, big, ole, tough, Texan as a fur ball owner. :D :lol: :p :p :p

I'm just ragging on you. That little Yorkie I pictured pretty much owns me. I've said I hate little dogs my whole life, did everything but kick the girl child out of the house for dragging him home... now I get separation anxiety when I have to leave him at home. Lol

Big dogs are okay if ya have the room for'em but, I like a small one cuz there just easier to take care of and don't crush your lap.
I had a 90 pound Basset hound that was just as sweet as could be but, he'd about crush ya jump'en on your lap or want'en to sleep with ya. His name was Humphrey, sadly I had to give him to someone else that had more room at the time for him cause I lived in an apartment at the time. I still miss him from time to time but, I know he's happy where's he's at.

Cartaphilus":vdo4mq45 said:
A real cutie but, is it house trained? Hate to slip and fall in the middle of the night on those little ball bearings the leave. ;)  
Ron, Strangely she's the most house broken animal I have ever owned. A master of the litter box, if there ever was one.