Illusione Holy Lancero

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
8) Dayum!! What a great smoke! I've been hearing a lot about the Illusione line and particularly the Holy Lancero, so while I was out and about running errands today I meandered into Tobacco Road and grabbed one. The Holy Lancero is a medium smoke but full of earthy roasted flavors. I found a lot of coffee and herb notes and eventhough it's not a maduro there was some maduro-like sweetness, but it was very subtle. Often cigars that fit the description I just gave turn out to be a bit soft and kind of weak, but the HL is definitely not, possessing a great solid flavor profile while never drifting into the "Strong" category.

Very impressed was I 8)

Sounds like a great tasting cigar. I really like Famous Smokes "Creme de Jamaica" which to me has an earthy, coffee type taste. I guess I need to see if I can find them around here.

Just out of curiousity what did that badboy set ya back out there in Cali?

Not bad considering the local....I figuredit would have priced closer to the 20 mark out there....

Just looking about the walk-in humidor there:

Diamond Crown Maximus - $20
Opus X - $32
Gurkha Vintage shaggy - $18
Tatuaje VI - $10
Illusione - $12

About 50% above internet prices, but for California, more than reasonable prices. Tobacco Road is more concerned about longevity and customer loyalty than in raking it in on the latest 'Hot' item, that's why I love em.

Not the usual price range that I buy in, but for the occasional jaunt to the shop, a treat well worth the price. (I live a good 35 minute drive from there or I'd be a regular)

Sounds reaaallll nice. Never had one.

Might have to give it a try :)

Davey

I have also heard that this brand is fantastic, however my local doesn't carry em. :(