I'm Back!!

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

WarlockBob

Reaction score
Hello friends, both new and old!

It's been... well, a while since I've posted here. I'll admit that with the general stresses of life, the world, work, and all of that fun daily jazz, I had to do some soul-searching and put a lot of interests and hobbies on hold.

After the closure of Pipes & Tobaccos magazine, I had found myself in a bit of a rut when it came to pipe smoking - I still have all of my pipes, all of my tobacco, and still enjoy them very much, but there was definitely a void in my heart where I used to have my passion for writing about them. That, compounded with what was at the time an immensely stressful and time-consuming job, the onset of isolation measures with covid, and just a general malaise of anxiety and stress, I ended up stepping away from pipe smoking altogether. Finally, after a handful of years, some virtual therapy sessions, and a new career started in December, I feel like I'm coming back to life!

With that out of the way - how's everyone? I've been out of the loop too long, and I need to know how my folks are doing here on BoB.

Bobby

Balisong

Reaction score
Welcome! I enjoyed your description of the Agile development environment. I left computers during the mini to micro era and never looked back but never forgot!

WarlockBob

Reaction score
Thank you all!

I didn't ever think I'd associate my hobby with something like P&T as strongly as I did, but goodness did I feel it when it was gone. However, now I'm going to just smoke some more Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake and reminisce of the good times.

Balisong - I feel ya! I will fully admit that I'm not that old, but I remember writing COBOL and working with DB2 on IBM AS/400 mainframes. We've come a long way in a short amount of time, and I'm glad you enjoyed my description! I can't imagine what software development will look like when I'm able to retire... Goodness.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Bob, welcome back and glad to hear your life has changed for the better. Stress is a bitch and can totally f**k up your life. Relax and take things in stride. And that's not coming from my 6 years of study in the realm of academic psychology. It's from living life, learning to cope, and hanging around cowboys. LOL.

WarlockBob

Reaction score
Bob, welcome back and glad to hear your life has changed for the better. Stress is a bitch and can totally f**k up your life. Relax and take things in stride. And that's not coming from my 6 years of study in the realm of academic psychology. It's from living life, learning to cope, and hanging around cowboys. LOL.
Yeah, I should have known better working in the tech field, LOL.