I'm Planning to Organize A Protest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I have no idea, however, what I'll be protesting. Maybe the lack of bidets in the men's room at Home Depot.

Um . . . have you been drinking . . . or smoking a French made pipe???? :)

Um . . . have you been drinking . . . or smoking a French made pipe???? :)
Perhaps a Ligne Bretagne? No.
In Minneapolis, there's blocked streets, razor wire, National Guard, and hordes of protestors. Many of the protests have nothing to do with the trial going on. It just seems for many, with Minneapolis in national view, to protest something. So, I decided to protest the lack of bidets in the men's room at Home Depot.

Actually, Cad, I've never used a bidet and have some fear that the bidet may inadvertently give me a colonic.
Now, for my edification, from someone experienced, after you've been blasted with water what do you use to dry off, if not toilet paper, or is the expectation drip dry?

Actually, Cad, I've never used a bidet and have some fear that the bidet may inadvertently give me a colonic.
Now, for my edification, from someone experienced, after you've been blasted with water what do you use to dry off, if not toilet paper, or is the expectation drip dry?

Frankly I've wondered this myself. And what about blasting that, er, sensitive area with cold water? I did see that there are in-line heaters for the water but how does one adjust it to the right temp before using given the fluctuations in groundwater temp from region to region.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

:unsure:

On second thought, belay that...........

:oops:

Cheers?

RR

How Do You Dry After Using a Bidet: A Guide for Every Bidet User

But not this:
images

Last edited:
Spend a bit of time Googling Japanese toilets!! Yeah, I know it's your favorite thing to do in your spare time. I have a neighbor who installed this fancy gizmo during a bathroom redo that does it all in one "sitting." Heats, cools, washes, flushes, dries...you name it, it does it!! The technology exists!!!!! FTRPLT

It all comes down to the model you have. The model I have has a built in dying fan. If you have never used one you should give it try if you get a chance it is kind of a game changer and will definitely save on TP.

I believe your protest is a worthy cause and I would join you making a stand, BIDETS FOR ALL!!

Frankly I've wondered this myself. And what about blasting that, er, sensitive area with cold water? I did see that there are in-line heaters for the water but how does one adjust it to the right temp before using given the fluctuations in groundwater temp from region to region.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

:unsure:

On second thought, belay that...........

:oops:

Cheers?

RR
Inquiring minds WILL know, mine has a heater (both for water and the seat) it up pretty quickly, although that first splash can be a bit shocking. The temp is also adjustable for comfort. You can adjust the water pressure as well depending on sensitivity.

How else can I make this awkward 🤔, it also has an enema setting to shoot a concentrated stream right at...well, you know

Inquiring minds WILL know, mine has a heater (both for water and the seat) it up pretty quickly, although that first splash can be a bit shocking. The temp is also adjustable for comfort. You can adjust the water pressure as well depending on sensitivity.

How else can I make this awkward 🤔, it also has an enema setting to shoot a concentrated stream right at...well, you know

TMI......

😲

Cheers?

RR

And now a true 1970s North Dakota story. A friend, a radiologist, moved to the town where I was living. His wife was not thrilled with the move to a town of about 30,000 residents, but the financial package her husband was getting convinced her that the move was beneficial to their family. By trade, Mrs. Radiologist was an interior decorator, but had been educated as an architect. The doctor gave his wife carte blanche in designing and decorating their new home. The home was to be not only their residence, but a model home for Mrs. Radiologist's new interior decorating business. In each bathroom, directly adjacent to the toilet, she had a separate free standing bidet installed.
The MD and his wife had an introductory cocktail party/open house. As the Doc and I talked and enjoyed a cocktail, his wife came rushing to the Doc, her face white as snow. Apparently, someone unfamiliar with a bidet, had take a dump in the bidet in the guest bathroom.

Spend a bit of time Googling Japanese toilets!! Yeah, I know it's your favorite thing to do in your spare time. I have a neighbor who installed this fancy gizmo during a bathroom redo that does it all in one "sitting." Heats, cools, washes, flushes, dries...you name it, it does it!! The technology exists!!!!! FTRPLT
A friend was married to a Japanese woman that he met while they were college students. Until she came to the U.S. for college, she'd never been out of Japan. She detested Western sit down toilets, railing about sitting where someone else might have been sitting moments before. For their 10th anniversary, he had a "squatting" Japanese style toilet installed in their master bedroom's bathroom. He said importing costs of the toilet and mechanicals cost more than the toilet itself. But installation was a nightmare. He said it wouldn't have been a problem if it were in the process of building a new home. Because of how most U.S. homes are constructed and that Japanese (trough) toilets are flush to the floor, there's insufficient space to install a Japanese toilet without creating a raised platform, which he ultimately did.

758daabb9ddd950f722c9a156cb7273b-848x1024.jpg

BTW...One faces forward, in the above pic, toward the raised dam, to use this style of "potty!" My family and I lived in Japan (Okinawa) for three years!!!! This style is also prevalent in other parts of the Western Pacific. Many have molded foot indents for you to utilize while...well, you know!! FTRPLT

Many have molded foot indents for you to utilize while...well, you know!! FTRPLT
When my friend visited his wife's family in Nagoya, he brought two wooden wedges that looked like oversized door stops to put under his feet, so he didn't topple over into the trough.

Interesting story about his wife and the prejudice that existed and may still exist in Japan. My friend's wife came to the U.S. for college out of the kindness of an American woman in Japan who was the woman's English teacher. My friend's wife looked like she could be Eurasian. She's about 5'8" with both parents under 5'4". Her father refused to be seen in public with her. In public, growing up, she was often taunted as being a "half-breed" or the daughter of a prostitute. Her English teacher learned of the abuse and found a sponsor in the U.S. to provide a scholarship to Hamline University in St. Paul.
She related that her father always carried his lunch to work in some type of thermos lunchbox. He particularly enjoyed Japanese style curry, whose seasoning can be purchased on a 1-10 scale, from mildest to fiery pungent. He always insisted on his wife making a 1 or 2, never greater. Apparently, his wife messed up one day at the market and bought a curry powder higher on the scale. She'd made his lunch without noticing the additional intensity of the curry. When he got home, he was so furious that tears were flying out of his eyes. He screamed at his wife, "How could you do this to me? I ate three bites and smelled like a Korean."

After about twenty years of marriage (no children) my friend's wife announced that she wanted to live a more Japanese life and couldn't do that in their marriage. In their divorce, she said she wanted nothing more than her personal items. She'd procured a job with a Japanese firm in San Francisco and was headed west.

By the way, bleed from the other thread about vegan diet, saving water, etc, Costco has one of those quick-install bidets for like $40.

Japanese bathrooms and laundry rooms are marvels.

Maybe the Japanese got the idea from watching "Demolition Man" with the 3 sea shells, lol. When I was in Saudi in 90/91 for Desert Storm I went to a huge mall in downtown Riyahd. Very upscale, stores like Cartier, Rolex, etc. A huge 5 million dollar Cartier chandelier in the atrium. Went to the mens room only to find NO toilets, just very elegant marble holes in the floor with foot rests. I thought it very backward at the time and still do.

Went to the mens room only to find NO toilets, just very elegant marble holes in the floor with foot rests. I thought it very backward at the time and still do.
I've been told by those who are experts in poopology that squatting for a healthy movement is more efficient than sitting. My only experience in such matters has been in the field, more than once even in torrential rain, taking advantage of mother nature's bidet.