Imperial's Bell's Three nuns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
ummmmm....first bowl way too wet to be enjoyable...left the tin for three days re-opened the tin to an aroma just short of heaven itself!!!!! this tin was purchased over e-bay, supposedly bought in mid nineties. first bowl was dis-appointing to say the least. this bowl my second, is... is...remarkable. what is this i taste/ almost like fluffy egg but subtler and with a bit of sweet like maple?? this utterly marvelous. i dont have the right words to describe this.... to those of you have tins aging in their cellars of the imperials i envy you. this so good i cant even believe it. nicotene is high but yet somehow relaxing and stimulating at the same time. still speechless.......mouth is coated with this flavor that is incredible... no urge for a cigarette like sometimes happens.....amazing what a little drying time can do to a blend. almost done now, my lord, the made in england stuff is supposedly better? i dont see how it could be, wait the paper enclosing the tobacco says oh wait english tobacco. this is so good that if i was at home, i would jar up samples of this and offer it to the first couple of brethren who pm me. i feel that someone should be smoking this with me its too damn good to enjoy alone. thoughts in my head of ordering tins of this from germany hoping its the same.oh man, wow! :drool: :drool: :drool: :pipe:

You're frickin killing me man!! :twisted: I keep trying to convince myself (and probably correctly so) that I need to ignore these no longer made premium priced goodies and stock up on what's available now..... But then some dude like you comes along an knocks out all my self control in one fell swoop :twisted: :lol!:

Except things specifically purchased as gifts I no longer buy aged tobacco.

If it doesn't live up to its hype you get ticked over spending the dough...

If it does live up to the hype your locked in to smoking away the kids college fund, or never smoking it again..

What you buy today will be the uber premium stuff in a few years......

Having said all that... Anyone got an ebay link :D :D :D

So mr Vaperfavour was kind enough to forward a sample of this to me :D The moisture was just right for smoking, about as dry as I usually smoke Virginias. Perhaps because of the lack of moisture I didn't notice any of the pouch aromas noted in the original post but the flavor is great! To me it's dark and rich like G&H curlies but with absolutely no bite, and it has that juiciness from the perique that lights up the spectrum. Good stuff indeed! I couldn't help but compare it to Escudo and find the Three Nuns smoother and the richness more refined and easier to smoke to the bottom than Escudo, but it packs no less of a nico punch, this stuff has some strength to it. All in all an excellent smoke! 8)

You mentioned something about ordering from Germany. Did you find out anything about that?

Mega thanks to ya mr Vaperfavour :D

If I had to choose only one tobacco to smoke, this would be it!
I love the sweet yet tart flavor. I have never tasted this combination/balance in any other blend.
I am still kicking myself for not buying more when Knox had 100 gram tins for sale a year ago. Thought the price was too high, but now it's reasonable compared to what more recent vintages are selling for on Ebay.

PS: The new stuff that is available today pales in comparison to the old UK version.