Impossible Curry

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
My baby daughter is stopping by my house, after her teaching day, to change my bandage and clean the area around the surgery on the back of my leg, which I can't reach. She's become 100% vegan but used to love curried ground lamb. Today to thank her for attention to my need, I decided to make her a "take-out" of Impossible Burger/Impossible Sausage. I defrosted a package of each of Impossible products, kneaded them together, then browned them off in a large French black iron skillet. I put one can of coconut milk with one can of coconut cream in the blender with 2 tablespoons of potato starch, curry powder, turmeric, garam masala, ground ginger, granulated garlic, Himalayan pink salt, and some powdered sugar. The spices weren't measured. I blended everything together, then poured it into a saucepan and heated it to thicken, tasting as it heated. It may be a little too spicy for her children, but for her and her husband, I think it'll be spot on. I've kept the ground Impossible separate from the curry sauce, so she can add it later. I also made up some brown basmati rice for her to take. I ate the curried concoction for brunch and I think it's very close in taste and texture to the curried lamb my daughter loved.
It brings back a fond memory. When my daughters were growing up, I'd have to make an alternate dinner entree when I made curried lamb because neither my wife nor my older daughter would go anywhere near it.

You're quite the creative chef aren't you Steve! 😛 Cheers, RR
My late wife didn't cook.
I have worked with caterers and catered myself (volunteer) over 300 hundred events over the past 25 years.

My late wife didn't cook.
I have worked with caterers and catered myself (volunteer) over 300 hundred events over the past 25 years.
I enjoy catering events where there are strict religious, cultural, ethical, or health limitations/guidelines. Lately, I've assisted mostly with vegan, gluten free events. It's a challenge, but people are incredibly appreciative.