In case anyone's interested

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are very talented,perhaps you'll be on American Idol and I will vote for you. :bounce:

Winslow :sunny:

Very nice!
You have a beautiful voice and I enjoyed the songs.
At least somebody on this scruffy board has some talent. :lol:

Hi Irene --

Not bad. Reminds me a lot of early Joan Baez. You might have heard of her? ;) ;) ;)

Good pitch and a natural musicality. I'm guessing you are self-taught, though, from the times you kick in the turbo during choruses. Your voice is centered in your nose and roof of your mouth---which is fine during soft passages because it gives good articulation and intelligibility---but becomes a bit shrill when you punch it up. A vocal coach can show you how to open your throat in a way that will increase your voice's timbre and texture while increasing the dB at the same time. "Projection" is the term they usually use.

All in all, very cool. Thanks for sharing. I was expecting the usual anemic, mouse-y thing when I saw the "Folk" header, but not at all. Your potential is considerable.

You sound great! Reminds me quite a bit of Kathleen Edwards, whose music I adore.

LL":eprh26wi said:
Not bad. Reminds me a lot of early Joan Baez. You might have heard of her? ;) ;) ;)
:) Considering that Aaron and I named our son after Bob Dylan, yes...I am very familiar with her...and thank you.

As for voice coach...I'm a music minor at East Central University...and it is really nasal. I heard the recordings and about passed out. I had no idea I was singing so much through my nose. :) I will have to work on that one.

Irene Adler":6w4nmb1u said:
LL":6w4nmb1u said:
:) Considering that Aaron and I named our son after Bob Dylan, yes...I am very familiar with her...and thank you.

As for voice coach...I'm a music minor at East Central University...and it is really nasal. I heard the recordings and about passed out. I had no idea I was singing so much through my nose. :) I will have to work on that one.
Three winkies meant it was a joke, of course. Check out her "Diamonds and Rust" album from '76 ('75?). You will hear so much of yourself in it you'll be freaked out a bit.

10-4 on being aware of the whole "where the sound is coming from" thing. Sounds like you're in good hands. I mentioned it only in case you were a "bedroom singer" who was just now introducing herself to the world. Some amazing talent has followed just that route, lately.

Rock on! :cheers:

Outstanding Amy! Thank you!

Are you the musician on the guitar as well?

Very very nice!!! Thank you so very much for sharing your talents!!! :)

Wonderful, beautiful voice and great songs. Thank you for sharing your music and your testimony.

Mike

Amy aka Irene,
Very nice, I wouldnt change a thing.
I find with many groups/singers that I like their earliest works best. Later work gets too 'refined' or too 'studioed' or 'engineered' if you know what I mean. These three tracks were very good, really seemed to come from the heart. I detected a bit of celtic, which I enjoy.

I can tell from some of the oblique references that several of you thought my suggestions to Irene/Amy were veiled criticism. Not so. I was a professional audio guy for ten years (both live production and studio work) and merely responded from a producer's perspective. Relentlessly pursuing perfection in everything is how I'm wired, whether it's working on pipes or (in this case) someone else's music.

I think Irene/Amy knew where I was coming from, but if not, my apologies.