In Remembrance

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
Took a stroll around town today and managed to coincide my visit with the 1100hrs Remembrance Service held in the market square.  Humbling as always and saddened to see virtually no veterans from the '39 - '45 campaign; I guess that's inevitable.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday here in Blighty so will be on Parade, not in my RAF uniform (it still feels strange not to be in my blues on this day) but in my Scout uniform, gongs attached, looking after the 6 - 8 year old Beaver Scouts.  

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.

Right you are Squire. We have Veterans day today here in the Colonies.

Remembering my late Pap who served in the Army Air Corps as 1st Lt in WW II. He flew B-17's and B-24's, yet fortunately came home to found his family. Many did not.

To all who served then and now, my hat is off to you.

Veterans-Day-Hero-H.jpeg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Cheers,

RR

Amen to that. I've been wearing my veteran's hat all day today. Also have several extra American flags in the yard and on the house. Thinking about my fellow veterans, and current military members. And most of all, thinking of my Dad and remembering him.