In Search of a Few Good Spreadsheets

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonanzadriver

Reaction score
As some of you all here know, although I started smoking pipes back in 1982, I only really got into them this past October. Since then my Briar Stable and my Tobacco Cellar have both experienced exponential growth. (we won't talk about my available discretionary income ??? )

What you may not know is that I work @ a small software development company as an Operations Director. As is often the case, one thing that many of us in the company have in common, besides golf and cigars, is that we all seem to be collectors. Some of us collect baseball cards, others Beanie Babies, before getting into pipes I collected antique and vintage wrist watches and old pens.

The thing I've learned, as it pertains to other collectibles, is that there seems to be tremendous resources, by way of inventories or databases, that help collectors keep track of their collections as well as informing them about any items they may be missing from said collections.

I've been poking around the ol interweb and haven't really found as much of this information on pipes as I seem to run into for Beanie Babies or Pez dispensers.

Having a voracious appetite for whatever I'm interested in, I would like to find any and all spreadsheets that might exist for pipes. More specifically, I would love to find spreadsheets that might contain all the model #'s, shapes and years of any give pipe company's production over the years. I guess I'm really looking for databases or the info with which I could create one.

So, with all of that being said, I'd love to hear from any of you that might be able to help set me on the right path.

Thanks in advance

Dino

Thanks Richard,

I've read a good deal of his stuff, what I can find on the interweb, but it seems that much of his work was/is for sale by his son ????

Here's a good one for Ashton pipes....

www.rdfield.com/Ashton/the_ashton_collection.htm