In Search of a Relatively Mild Cigar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
As I've smoked my pipes far more than cigars in the last couple of years, I'm finding that my former preference for strong cigars is waning. I've collected cigars for decades and the vast majority of my collection tends to the strong. About a week ago, a friend invited me to his house for a taste of scotch and a Cuban Cohiba. The cigar was nicely aged, purchased by my friend in Havana some years ago. It knocked me on my butt. I don't know if it was the nicotine content or just the blend of tobacco. My friend, the host, is what we used to refer to as a "mild cigar weenie." Halfway though our cigars, he said he thought he was going to be sick. He tends to be a Macanudo kind of cigar smoker. Macanudo, for a reason I can't explain, has never fit my preferred taste profile. Today, I ordered a toro 10 count box of these:
villiger-cuellar-kreme.png

Villiger Cuellar Connecticut Kreme

It's described as having an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper, Dominican binder and filler. Reviews describe it as flavorful, but mild.
Added: I've never smoked any Villiger cigar, ever, so this will be interesting, hopefully not disappointing.

No sooner had I placed my order and I got this Pop Up.

Last edited:
I had to check the price range on those. The quest for a good cigar under $9 is my brigadoon lol. I keep some mild cigars around for when my brothers are over. I’ve smoked a few I thought were great. In that range, I’d say the ct brick house selections, also nat Sherman and Alec Bradley make some milder cigars of good quality.

I ran through a 90 count ammo crate of la finca medium colored last year. They were about $100. They werent half bad for a buck a stick. I think they make a ct wrapped line too.