In the category of "best cheap whiskey," I nominate....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I moved this thread down to the Speakeasy... for easy sippin'.)

I like Beam for the usual cheapie.

Canadian Club. My usual everyday whiskey, straight or with a dash of water.

another vote for Evan Williams. I tried it and a bottle of Old Forester and thought the Evan was a smoother sip. A very simple flavor that is obviously short-aged, but still smoother than expected. At $10.31 a fifth (including tax), I wasn't expecting to find much complexity.

I'd have to say Evan Williams as well. The problem is that its' sweetness becomes gagging once you've been drinking it hard for a good while.

Ever hear of Kentuicky Deluxe? That's "KD" to those unfortunates who drink it. Popular among hobos and broke-ass desperados, you might run across empty bottles under overpasses and such. I drank quite a few fifths and half pints back when I was broke. Now, I'm livin' it up with my old favorite, Jim Beam.

For a cheap scotch, try Clan MacGregor. It'll get you there.

thecrowdog":8kd109bj said:
Rebel Yell
That brings back memories of wild days on the lake...Must purchase some soon. That was our go to whiskey growing up. I'll be a bit more civilized with it now. I'll sip instead of gulp. :D

Fighting Cock. 6yrs. old, 103 Proof for $16. It does need an ice cube or two to smooth it out but other than that it is pretty tasty stuff.

McIvor Scotch whiskey. I tried it on a whim since it was $12 and was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be keeping it around.