Increasing pipe size

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterE":3yju5j2p said:
Also, as the pipe smoking culture died down it only remained as a niche hobbyist/collector market and practicality was no longer an issue. Hence more "outlandish" designs which appeal to the eye become almost necessary.

Personally I enjoy the retro pipes from that period. Smaller, more practical, and a piece of history. When pipe smoking wan´t just a fringe novelty. I have a few big ones here but they dont really see much use.
Excellent analysis, E!

funny thing (to me anyway) is that I've been pondering the same exact thing for a couple of weeks now. Just never got around to posting it up on here..

MisterE":xgxp6839 said:
I think of my grandpa and my dad with their modest racks of no-name billiards and large cans of Amphora. Their attitude was more that a pipe was a tobacco smoke delivery device not some collectible piece of artwork.
Funny but recently I discovered my dads pipes in an old box stashed away. Three pipes of little value (Phil, Bradberry, Willard)
and they all have rather small bowls. Our family was poor so I'm not surprised at what he had purchased, but the small size is interesting. One of them I can just get my pinky finger into, and the others aren't much bigger.