Info on "tobacco for troops"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaL002

Reaction score
Hey mike,
Just curious what the "tobacco for troops" thing is all about. I'm a deployed soldier.

Hi BubbaL002, Every year the members of "Brothers of Briar" have donated money, pipes and blends around Christmas time. With the money I have been purchasing cigars. Last year we sent out six or seven boxes of cigars and over forty packs that consisted of a pipe and two blends in three large boxes to Iraq. We figure that it's pretty hard to get smoking materials in care packages so that is what we concentrate on. We have done it three years in a row now. It's our very small way in saying "Thanks" for serving in this countries military. Regards

That has to be the coolest care package idea i've ever heard of. And you're right. With all the anti-smoking crap people push in our country it's hard to get tobacco. I say "we were founded by tobacco farmers" how can you take away peoples right to follow in our fore-fathers(I think I spelled fore wrong) footsteps.

Great idea. I've participated in sending cigars to the troops, but i've never even thought to include pipes and pipe tobacco.

After being down range myself once .. funny its a good place to buy Merchaums from the turkish venders if your at one of bigger FOBS .. but tobacco .. sheesh good luck gettin anything pipe related.. i found one small mesly box of Captain black 50 gram bags.. seein that it was all i could find in all of LSA anaconda/ Balad airbase i bought most of what he had.. Wish i would of known about this when i was there.. I packed 3 pipes with me a ole YEllowbowl.. my first purchased pipe from a tobacco store.. a Chacom and one Dr grabo .. good bang around pipe 20 bucks if its gone no biggy but yeah.. Tobacco.. the pipe was my solace after a grinding day on the job.. id go out sit there in the smoke pit grab a cup of coffie and look up at the sky while surounded by the big grey T barriers.. it gave me that hour of solace .. before i had to get ready to do it all again. Thanks for bringing us down there a lil bit of comfort with the Tobacco for the troops..