Inglourious Basterds - Great flick!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Button

Reaction score
I checked out Inglourious Basterds this past week on Blu-Ray, and I gotta say, if you like Tarantino, you'll love this film. Great period film (not historically accurate by ANY means in terms of events, but very much accurate in the costume/settings) based in WWII German occupied France.

Fair warning though, as with any Tarantino movie, about 90% of it is dialogue, and about 70% of that is subtitled as the spoken language is primarily German/French.

In the first 5 minutes, there was 2 instances of pipe smoking, well detailed and accurately portrayed I was happy to see! Brad Pitt uses nasal snuff throughout to which my fiancee asked if he was snorting coke. :lol: I'd have assumed the same had it not been for this community!

Overall, great film. If you have 2 and 1/2 hours to spare, def pick it up.

-Adam

Benjamin Button":1tsfx3xj said:
I checked out Inglourious Basterds this past week on Blu-Ray, and I gotta say, if you like Tarantino, you'll love this film.
I've been thinking about renting it but Tarantino's films are a little over the top for my liking.

Absolutely a great movie, great premise,,historical accuracy no, but we enjoyed it and will watch it again, Pitt does a fine job, there's a lot going on.

I purchased it. It is quite a good film, very entertaining.

I just saw it last night. It was alot of fun with many twists & turns. I liked the pipe scene, very telling; the French farmer smoking a simple cob and the German Officer smoking the (rather large) gourd calabash.
I agree that Brad Pitt does an excellent job, his Tennessean/Italian accent scene was great.

There was a guy in our work place that was in the German Army during WW2.
We always used to razz him after seeing one of those Hollywood fantasies and
tell him "That's why you guys lost the war."That was enough to set him off ranting
about how they were fighting communism and blah,blah,blah. :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

We just watched here last night. Great time! The only thing was that my sister, who is visiting from Tucson AZ, got offended by my pipe and asked me to stop while we watched the movie!! :affraid: Notwithstanding, I enjoyed it immensely.

I saw it opening night in theatres. I'm a huge Tarantino fan and loved every second of it!