Inhaling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Just a matter of curiosity,,,Seems my doctor is on a crusade and harassed me this AM about smoking a pipe. The discussion turned sour in short order and went downhill from there. He recently quit smoking pipes and is a "born again non smoker." The inhale/non-inhale issue is
a moot point with him. I ended my visit by congratulating him on his victory over tobacco and asked if I could have his pipes.

Yes, but find myself doing it less and less, trying to give up the cigs........old habits die hard!!!
Wish me luck boys!

Mark, what was the doc's answer when you asked for his pipes?

Inhale occasionally, depending on tobacco. I'm a part time cigarette smoker also, so a good burley in a pipe can sometimes nix the cig craving for me if I inhale once or twice through a bowl. Curiously I don't feel the need to inhale nearly as deeply or drag as long on a pipe as with a cig to get the same "hit" though.

Frost":a9gr9ev3 said:
Inhale occasionally, depending on tobacco. I'm a part time cigarette smoker also, so a good burley in a pipe can sometimes nix the cig craving for me if I inhale once or twice through a bowl. Curiously I don't feel the need to inhale nearly as deeply or drag as long on a pipe as with a cig to get the same "hit" though.
Glad I'm not the only one bro!
:cheers: :cheers:

I don't inhale but I will occasionally upon exhale sniff up a small portion with my nose to help taste it better,,,(kinda modified french inhale Tock),,,,

Justpipes":e23uo1j8 said:
He just stared at me shaking his head,,,,the nurse latched on to my arm and led me out of the office ,,,then she walked out of the building with me to have her cigarette break,,,,

mark":01hkhm7a said:
Justpipes":01hkhm7a said:
He just stared at me shaking his head,,,,the nurse latched on to my arm and led me out of the office ,,,then she walked out of the building with me to have her cigarette break,,,,
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Great answer!

inhale but not as much.

primarily a dipper............

been 1-3 cigarettes a day for a couple years now. main motivation was to keep me hunting longer.

i might smoke 1 cigarette a day now. but honestly..............since ive liked pipes a lot more lately, im starting to find cigarette smell offensive (yeah, i know).

camoham

A light 'French inhale', yes a few times or more each bowl; but a cigarette-type inhalation with a pipe or cigar, I typically do not find very pleasant.

Kapnismologist":ed79vloi said:
A light 'French inhale', yes a few times or more each bowl; but a cigarette-type inhalation with a pipe or cigar, I typically do not find very pleasant.
Ditto for me -- the aroma of many tobaccos is as satisfying as the taste. Examples: Blackwoods Flake, McConnell's Scottish Cake

I am going to have use a presidents own words for this one"No sir I did not inhale".

Hermit":u6k8kuh8 said:
No.
Ain't no taste buds in yer lungs.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: on this we agree! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Nope never will inhale, still would like to find out what all is done to pipe tobacco from start to finish. I've done quite a bit of research on what is in cigarettes, and am always amazed at how cig smokers have absolutely NO idea what is in them and they keep on sucking away at a feverish pitch to see how deeply they can inhale all that shit. Oh boy, he I go again...

Cigarettes contain somewhere around 499 chemicals creating over 4k chemical compounds, 50 of them are know carcinogens, with the worst of them being:

Acetone
Benzene
Formaldehyde ( embalming fluid )
Tar ( of which 70% is deposited directly in the lungs )
Arsenic ( yes, RAT POISON )
Hydrogen Cyanide ( used to kill a few million in the death camps )
Ammonia ( toilet cleaner )

But the worst part about cigarette smokers is their total disrespect for the planet, as they usually always throw them on the ground, thinking( well, not really thinking at all ) it's biodegradable.....WRONG it totals 2 BILLION pounds of litter around the world, clogging up the waste water plants, etc. and they always expect that someone beneath them in the social ladder will have to pick it up, so it's not their worry. The filters are actually made of a Plastic Acetate and will lay there for decades. And it's NO different than throwing out a whole bag of trash on the ground, it's still LITTERING.
:evil: :x

If anyone has additional info on what is in pipe tobacco, please pass it on.

I try not to inhale. I'm not a cigarette smoker, so it isn't much of a temptation. I think it significantly changes the way I taste the tobacco. Just one inhale, and the tobacco instantly changes in flavor and complexity. I feel it ruins the flavor for me. I'm not saying it tastes bad as I inhale, but it substantially downgrades the flavors for the rest of that day. Changes everything.

hobie1dog":moj4kd3m said:
But the worst part about cigarette smokers is their total disrespect for the planet, as they usually always throw them on the ground, thinking( well, not really thinking at all ) it's biodegradable.....WRONG it totals 2 BILLION pounds of litter around the world, clogging up the waste water plants, etc. and they always expect that someone beneath them in the social ladder will have to pick it up, so it's not their worry. The filters are actually made of a Plastic Acetate and will lay there for decades. And it's NO different than throwing out a whole bag of trash on the ground, it's still LITTERING.
I'm a walker. I walk 7 days a week, around 2 miles per day. THE worst litterers are cigarette smokers AND fast-food eaters. 90% of the garbage I see on our streets is from one of those two consumers, and 75% of that is from smokers. Butts, cellophane, that "foil" piece of paper, the boxes, the promotional paper goods inside the packs...every single component of the habit seems to be considered okay to throw out the window. And get this...I even see Nicotine gum plastics (the plastic square with the foil back) by the tens and tens. The only time I want to be a police officer is when I'm taking my walks. I'd love to litter their lives with $500 littering fines as prolifically as they litter my streets. It's incredibly frustrating and infuriating.

I inhale occasionally, as I'm (as others have said) also a light cigarette smoker.

As for the cigarette chemical stuff, to an extent it depends where you are. Cigarettes have been under the control of Canadian regulatory bodies for much longer than American ones, seeing as it was just last year that tobacco came under FDA control in the USA.

For that reason, Canadian cigarettes generally have less of the crap in them that American ones do. Though, interestingly, both governments have latched onto the idea of "Fire-Safe Cigarettes" that contain a fire retardant in the paper. You can see this as little flares as a cigarette burns down. It's also a contributing factor to why cigarettes have tasted less delicious in the last little while.

Also, I'd be interested to see the chemical breakdown of additive-free cigarettes, of which there are a few brands in Canada, and a number in the US. That and rolling tobacco, as I gather that's generally more "pure" tobacco.

As for the disposal thing, you're totally right. The municipal government in Edmonton has instituted a bylaw - 250 dollar fine for tossing your butt on the street. But, they've also put ashtrays every fifty feet down main pedestrian/nightlife drags in the city. As far as I can tell, it's working pretty well. The education campaign would be good, except that it belittles and insults smokers...governments just can't figure that part of it out, IMO.