Inhereted Pipe Heirloom...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zackjohnson08

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on this forum (sorry if this is the wrong place to post)

I started using pipes 2-3 months ago and my father for my 21st birthday gave me my great, great grandfathers pipe rack and set.

I don't know a lot about pipes yet. Branded on the sides of each is "F&T" and then "REJECT". I know what this is. I know they have to be 50+ years old. I wouldn't sell these unless it were an emergency but I do want to know roughly the worth, if any. Could anyone help me out? They are in pretty solid condition.

I will attach images but it doesn't look like I can do that through my phone. Thanks.

dsc_1217.jpg

dsc_1215.jpg

dsc_1214.jpg

dsc_1216.jpg
" />" />

These are a just a family heirloom with little to no value. Clean them up and Enjoy Them. Grandpa would really like that!!

My late friend Tony "MrCan" Soderman would offer free pipe appraisals at his GNPC Pipe Shows and many people came with boxes of grandpa's pipes for him to look at and most left disappointed. Most people saw dollar signs in the fancy Tyrolean pipes that many GI's that served in post war Germany brought home.   :shock:

daveinlax":opdw1rrk said:
These are a just a family heirloom with little to no value. Clean them up and Enjoy Them. Grandpa would really like that!!

My late friend Tony "MrCan" Soderman would offer free pipe appraisals at his GNPC Pipe Shows and many people came with boxes of grandpa's pipes for him to look at and most left disappointed. Most people saw dollar signs in the fancy Tyrolean pipes that many GI's that served in post war Germany brought home.   :shock:
Not disappointed at all! Happy that I have them, will probably use the rack for my own. Cheers!

Nice inheritance you received. All classic shapes and you won't have to break them in. I hope you enjoy them. The pipe rack is unique.

Stinger

F&T is the stamp for a shop that was in London, Fribourg & Treyer.
The "Reject" stamp makes them of little value to pipe collectors.
Your age estimate could be correct, this shop was stared in 1720 and lasted into the 1970's.
Like most London shops, their pipes were made by someone else. Show a close up of all of the stamping.

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Fribourg_%26_Treyer

Well, I'd say you have a little piece of history right there. For me, the fact that they were your Gramp''s makes them priceless and irreplaceable. Treasure them my friend. My Pa was an avid man of the briar but sadly none of his pipes survived after his passing and his effects were tidied. I would love to have that link with him.