Insects and room note.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
When smoking on our back patio in the morning I am sometimes pestered by gnats, flys, and noseeums. They seem to vary with the blend I am smoking at the time. They seem to be drawn to Hobbits Weed the worst, less so with CH, and minimal with my own Urban Cowboy blend. Makes me wonder if they can differentiate the difference in the "room note". Just an observation.

In my experience, nothing I smoke does anything with insects, I always end up swatting away clouds of mosquitoes if I don't cover myself in deet

Yep, mosquitos are a bitch. I remember visiting my sister in FL. Went outside to smoke a cigar on her back patio and came back in covered in bites.

Our "bugs" must be more nose blind than the Aussie type. I was smoking Wilke 400 a couple nights ago just after sunset and the gnats were swarming around me like I was an angel food cake, lol.

Living safe in the desert free from man eating insects for a few decades now, but other times in other places it seemed mixtures with plenty of latakia were helpful. Ticks are another story altogether.

Oregon is beautiful. Would consider moving there but for the politics. Same with Washington.
Many of my friends have moved to Idaho for this reason. I spent some time in McCall this summer and I heard from a Boise native that a lot of people have moved to Idaho in the last year.

I'm talking wasps, mozzies and moths etc. here not gnats. Thank goodness we don't really have gnats much where I'm based. I remember breathing in a cloud of the buggers when I was a kid, not a fun time. I rarely smoke anything other than Englishes so can't really comment on Aro's or Vapers etc.