Interview the poster below you

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i would have two I'm not sure I could pick one but.. 1800s or ww2 Era.  Reason being I wanted to experience the civil war  in many aspects and many aspects of ww2. Just because a book dose not do it justice.  I would also like to talk to the men in those two eras of the time at the time of it happening

Next qestion
If there was one weapon of any Era country or time  you want to own what would it be and why?

Given that I was interested in hearing your answer to my query ( which might I add was both heartfelt and informitive) and that this is something I have pondered often while enjoy a pipe and a pint on a soft evening . I shall jump right back in and respond to your question. I would choose the 1870's here in the USA. it is post civil war and pre heavy industralization. During that peroid a man could go as far as his skills and talents would take him. Yes there was larger differences between the triers in socioty but those bold and brash enough could build any type of life they desired. As a period it was resting on the cusp of greatness yet still allowed for the spirit of exploration and expansion.  There where still frontiers and room for freeminded people to grow and develope both communities and this nation.I like to think that given these factors and my ability to develope diverse skill sets for jobs that require the use of ones hands. I could have built an honest business that would allow me to support myself and those I chose to share my life with a good living. Pluse given it was before the time of Big Government and it's attempts to control so much of our lives. I can not help but feel it was the America I envision when I think of a true peroid of independence and freedom.

Now because I find this question so interesting and would so enjoy hearing others views on it.I shall repeat Brewdude's question for the next person in line. If you could choose another time, period, or centery to live in when would it be and why?

Sorry arky! I must have been typing mine up when you posted your's so out of fairness to you I would ask that the next poster please respond to Arkansas's question instead of mine.

No no my friend, it will come when the time is right. And thank you I'm am but small part of something that I have had no part in to this point. Just wanted to try my hand.

arkansaspiper":udh7ttkw said:
No no my friend, it will come when the time is right.  And thank you I'm am but small part of something that I have had no part in to this point. Just wanted to try my hand.
And your very willingness to participate in this venture is why I am more them happy to yield this rounds question to you my friend. And I feel it would be highly unfair if your inquiry was over looked because of my actions.

Eric Furgeson":m7y73mbg said:
Now because I find this question so interesting and would so enjoy hearing others views on it.I shall repeat Brewdude's question for the next person in line. If you could choose another time, period, or centery to live in when would it be and why?
Since this thread has been languishing for some time, I'll respond with the view to moving the topic forward.

I'd find it interesting to have lived in the Dickensian period in England. That is, if I could have found it to be in the classes above the poor yet below the gentry. And while there wasn't a middle class as such there are a multitude of employments that could interest me and provide a reasonable way of life.

Yes of course brewing ale comes to mind first and foremost. And though this was before the advent of scientific methods and understanding the principles remain much the same.

The downsides are many - lack of qualified medical practitioners and shorter life span as a result as one example. And the laws that were in force at the time elicited the most exacting penalties for even the most trivial of offences. And the class system was fully in force. So there is that.

All that notwithstanding, it would have been an interesting and challenging time to live.

Now for the next poster-

Tell us of your best year and what it entailed.

Cheers,

RR

I suppose my best year was when I was born. It gave me the opportunity to meet all the things or people and try all the things that I have done. What a ride!
P
I believe it started with a Hershey bar in my father's back pocket. If I go into too much detail this might end up in the rubber room......

So my question for the next poster is,

How would you feel your life would be different if you were born the other gender?

Ozark Wizard":onbk2o8t said:
...How would you feel your life would be different if you were born the other gender?
Easy. I'd be gay.

Question: Anyone ever had a teacher or mentor (in any form) that "inspired" you? Or are you pretty much sui generis?

I've had several guitar instructors who were an inspiration to me and a mentor as well. The first one was my original teacher Dave Sherry who introduced me to first bass and later 6-string and who was like the older brother I never had. The second was Wayne Reese who was a gifted guitarist and who could play any style well. He was also instrumental in my development in more ways than music.

My question - if you could have one thing to do over in your life what would it be?

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":4tojldmw said:
My question - if you could have one thing to do over in your life what would it be?
Finish college, with the stipulation that I know what I know now. Otherwise, no deal. I value my mind too much.

Q: If you could live 500 years, could you adjust and be happy? You know, what with friends and relatives dying, changing mores, and all that stuff?

Richard Burley":z5640ons said:
Brewdude":z5640ons said:
Finish college, with the stipulation that I know what I know now. Otherwise, no deal. I value my mind too much.

Q: If you could live 500 years, could you adjust and be happy? You know, what with friends and relatives dying, changing mores, and all that stuff?
Only 500? Sure, adapting and happiness are all a state of mind. Nature does it all the time. Friends and relatives drop like flies around me. Hopefully to that means I'm getting closer to the veil.

Maybe not satiated, but happy nonetheless......

If you knew when your life would be over in a year, what would you do with your remaining time?

Brewdude":atqhehx2 said:
monbla256":atqhehx2 said:
Again, WHAT'S THE NEXT QUESTION? :twisted: :twisted:
Are you being facetious Michael?

Ozark Wizard":atqhehx2 said:
If you knew when your life would be over in a year, what would you do with your remaining time?

Cheers,

RR
One wonders..........

Brewdude":llzdh3vl said:
I've had several guitar instructors who were an inspiration to me and a mentor as well. The first one was my original teacher Dave Sherry who introduced me to first bass and later 6-string and who was like the older brother I never had. The second was Wayne Reese who was a gifted guitarist and who could play any style well. He was also instrumental in my development in more ways than music.

In 1989, I had the choice between two positions; one was a sure thing, the other was a better-paying one year position which was over-sold to me on the promise it 'should' become permanent (I found out later there was really no chance of that). I should have gone for the 'sure thing'. Most of the things I would want to change since then wouldn't have come up if the first place, although no doubt I would have made plenty of other mistakes :lol!:

Ozark Wizard":c6r9t5jn said:
...If you knew when your life would be over in a year, what would you do with your remaining time?
Write, impending surcease apparently being the only thing that could motivate me to do so.

Q: For those who travel--what do you get out of it?

A chance to see that no matter where I am, it seems I never left. Opportunities for reevaluating my senses, and sensibilities. A break from the mundane. A test of the persona.

My question,

When faced with obstacles, do you consider them as chance, logical outcomes of formulae, or defined acts of unseen intelligence? Why?

Ozark Wizard":wtzdyu25 said:
My question,

When faced with obstacles, do you consider them as chance, logical outcomes of formulae, or defined acts of unseen intelligence? Why?
OK, I'll play.

I interpret "when faced with obstacles" to be situations that occur which present events that one had not foreseen. Such as something like a physical task that seemed routine but now requires problem solving. Equally, it could mean interpersonal relationships where the subjects have to deal with new and potentially difficult issues.

In both cases one has to carefully evaluate the situation and formulate a workable solution. Additionally it may well require those involved to be prepared to address alternative paths. In short, work it out and make it work.

OK so that's pretty cerebral for a simple guy like me so here's my question-

For you pet owners, what was the greatest companion you ever had?

Cheers,

RR