IPA's!! So many to choose from nowadays...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattrhorn

Reaction score
I pretty much like them all. I have to say, I haven't really met an IPA that I did not finish. So, from super hoppy to super strong...well balanced to oily resin taste...black IPA or traditionals. What is your IPA of choice?

Firestone Walker Brewing is pumping out some great IPA's right now, among their other hits, so what are your favorites?

Yeah, kinda partial to Hop Devil myself, though most IPA's hit my sweet spot. The Devil kinda kills it!

The white IPA's really go down well in the heat. I haven't had a Blue Point but will look for it. I will seek out the Devil, too. Having a Denogginizer right now.

You guys in California should be drinking Lagunitas. They make great IPAs. I particularly like their Hop Stoopid which only comes in 22oz bottles and will make you stupid after drinking a couple. Their regular IPA and their Maximus are great also. Here in the east I too enjoy Hop Devil and I really enjoy the stuff coming from Southern Tier Brewery out of Western New York. Their IPA and 2XIPA are both great and reasonably priced.

Mattrhorn":5sxf5s5l said:
I pretty much like them all.  I have to say, I haven't really met an IPA that I did not finish.  So, from super hoppy to super strong...well balanced to oily resin taste...black IPA or traditionals.  What is your IPA of choice?

Firestone Walker Brewing is pumping out some great IPA's right now, among their other hits, so what are your favorites?
In California, I would be loving the Russian River Brewing Company's Pliny the Elder. I recieved a bottle from a friend and it was fantastic.

Cheers,
Matt

I am a HUGE IPA fan and have been for years now.

I've been buying 12 packs of Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA.

If you're a true IPA fan like me -- give this one a shot.  You will not be disappointed.  ;)

I've never met an IPA that I really liked. I like stouts, dark beers, not IPA's. We have a small, local brewer, "Peoples", here in Lafayette. They make, I am told, really terrific IPA's. To me, they are drinkable, but not choosable. Maybe it's just my chemistry.

Several, possibly too many to count. Here's some I enjoy and drink regularly.  

AleSmith IPA
Any IPA from Stone especially Ruination, (their 15th anniversary Black IPA was one of the best beers I have ever tasted)
Ballast Point Sculpin
Green Flash West Coast
Deschutes Inversion
RR - Pliny the Elder
Uinta Hop Notch (superb and from Utah!)
Bear Republic Racer 5
Lagunitas IPA, Hop Stoopid, and Sucks (all three of these are very good beers)
Sierra Torpedo (of course I live 90 miles from the brewery so any Sierra Beer around here is extremely fresh)
Firestone Wookey Jack (great Black IPA)
Port Brewing Mongo
Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA. I like to drink this when I visit my cousin in Delaware. too bad it's not bottled for CA.

Yeah, I am fan  :D

thedeep":bvave78x said:
I've never met an IPA that I really liked. I like stouts, dark beers, not IPA's. We have a small, local brewer, "Peoples", here in Lafayette.  They make, I am told, really terrific IPA's. To me, they are drinkable, but not choosable. Maybe it's just my chemistry.
The Redhead (my wife,for those unaware) prefers darks, stouts, reds and bocks. Nothing wrong with that. Me,I enjoy the bite from the premium hops and dryness that only a quality IPA can deliver.

We have some wonderful IPA's up here in Maine -- Sebago, Baxter's, Geary's -- though I am not a fan of most West Coast offerings, Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA is top shelf.

DrumsAndBeer":uc0jkn2f said:
Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA. I like to drink this when I visit my cousin in Delaware. too bad it's not bottled for CA.

Yeah, I am fan  :D
Dogfishhead is a great IPA. Unfortunately, I prefer the 120 minute version, which is a treat at the pub/restaurant, but 'way too expensive in the 4-pack.

IPA? Well my own of course-

IMG_0955.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/859/3358/

th_beersmiley1.gif

Cheers,

RR

rothnh":g0adrmf7 said:
Dogfishhead is a great IPA.  Unfortunately, I prefer the 120 minute version, which is a treat at the pub/restaurant, but 'way too expensive in the 4-pack.
I can't drink the 120, way too cloying. It's like sipping on a sundae. More power to you though, it is an intense flavor experience that's for sure.

Brewdude, I would like to try that. (Just saying)

PS - whoever started the whole 4-pack thing should be..... :x 

Beer Advocate has a tonne of great information on this topic. This is the top 250 beer list. I think, living in the states you can get most of these ones. Notice the top 3 are IPA's. Please note the amount of reviews...assuming you think numbers lend towards more truthfulness.

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

If you find yourself in Quebec - be sure to try Dieu du Ciel.

Although not an IPA, I really enjoyed Westvleteren 12 - which I smuggled into Canada from Belgium in my socks!

Cheers,
Matt