Irene

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
They thought to name a hurricane after me. :twisted:

And so far, it's headed straight for where I live.

Good luck. Hopefully it will bounce off the coast. I'm a little inland for Irene (piedmont NC), but, remembering Fran, we'll see. BTW, you might be due some compensation from the National Weather Service if they did not get permission to use your name. :D

Do you believe in mother nature's magnetism?
Hopefully Irene will mellow by the time she reaches your location. Not supposed to be in new England til the wee hours of Monday morn.

Irene Adler":d0ixqs7x said:
They thought to name a hurricane after me. :twisted:

Hmmm...a powerful hurricane with your
name on it heading straight for you...RUN!!! :twisted:

Irene Adler":1erm8rng said:
If it's any consolation, if swept away by the storm, at least you leave behind an attractive new avatar for us to remember you by.

I know, I know, dirty old man alert, but hey, I'm just keepin' it real...

P.S. How is the photography coming. Maybe you could get some shots of the approaching weather.

SOB! I was planning a beach trip this ^%$#@!* weekend! To be serious, I hope it goes well out to sea and spares damage to out southern brothers...

Harlock999":xd45dtmt said:
Irene Adler":xd45dtmt said:
If it's any consolation, if swept away by the storm, at least you leave behind an attractive new avatar for us to remember you by.

I know, I know, dirty old man alert, but hey, I'm just keepin' it real...

P.S. How is the photography coming. Maybe you could get some shots of the approaching weather.
Haha, thank you?

The photography is going really well actually. I am a bit of a hazardous weather chaser, so there is a good chance that I will be getting some photographs of Irene. Though I will be indoors for the majority of the storm. If I get any decent shots, I will definitely share. =)

Then again, they're talking about evacuating us, so if that happens I'll be posting pictures of really awful traffic.

Irene Adler":iv0b0k64 said:
Haha, thank you?

The photography is going really well actually. I am a bit of a hazardous weather chaser, so there is a good chance that I will be getting some photographs of Irene. Though I will be indoors for the majority of the storm. If I get any decent shots, I will definitely share. =)
That would be cool.
But all levity aside, stay safe!

I'm in South Florida. A few days ago I asked Park-Lane in NY to hold my recent order until Irene had left my area. Well, we dodged the bullet here but last I checked it's headed for NY! Of course it may swerve away yet, as long-range projections are variable.

They're predicting the end of the world here in Philly - something tells me you'll get it a little worse then us. I'm just using it as an excuse to have a kick-ass hurricane party. :drunken:

Living here in NYC I am going with my old Boy Scout Motto…..Be Prepared

Another form Philly--lots of rain so we'll probably just stay in tomorrow instead of going thrifting. We need some more furniture, too, but I guess it'll have to wait.

They just downgraded the storm, I'm predicting Irene will be a Hurri-can't...

Apparently someone missed that memo, Mr. Raff. Every single gallon of drinking and distilled water is gone from WalMart.

Call me Riff...
I was at the Allentown Travel Plaza on 476 today, working. The place was full of people fleeing NC and/or down south.

Hope all is well, so far with everybody. Watching and waiting here to be hit from Irene. Waves at the Long Branch beach were running about 5 to 6 feet early this am (normal rough here). Spent the morning securing the yard, and organizing our pantry. Hopefully the wind dies down a little and no major flooding occurs. The shelter here in town is closer to the beach and and lower then our house, so no evacuation was felt necessary. Best of luck to all, now that prep is done, time to pack some SGW in the pipe. - John

We're starting to get some good rain here north of Philly--branches are down on a few roads and there's a lot of water around. Thankfully we're situated on a hill, so we don't imagine flooding will be an issue for us. Maybe I'll go smoke a cob out in it and post a video.

Stay safe everyone!